Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Looking for a CAI fo rmy 03 sxt

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 11:40 PM
Mr.Corkle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Looking for a CAI fo rmy 03 sxt

Im looking fo ra Cold air intake for my 2003 dodge neon sxt, not sure which brand to go with or where to order it from, allso if I could find one to get me by for awhile for around $100 for be awsome. Any help at all would be great.

Old 03-17-2011, 08:52 PM
showsxt
Record Breaker

Any ebay brand intake thats what I got and got mine for under 50bucks shipped.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:15 PM
Mr.Corkle

Thanks I went ahead and order on efrom chrome intakes I belive it said.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:31 PM
showsxt
Record Breaker

Chrome intakes is pretty reasonable and they look good for ebay intakes. My is not made anymore so theres much better ebay intakes out now than 4 to 5 yrs ago.

Old 03-21-2011, 05:56 AM
Icon_xof
Rookie

Isn't the 2nd gen air intake already a CAI stock? Well, once you take out the resonator anyway. I was going to get an aftermarket until I read that. Now I'm thinking of going over the bellows tube and cleaner box with heat-resistant paint...
I could be wrong though, just wanted to throw in my two pennies

Old 03-21-2011, 11:23 AM
showsxt
Record Breaker

Never heard of our neons having a stock cold intake thats why almost everyone has a cold air intake of somekind in their 2nd gens so Iwould get yourself a cold air intake. or just do what you want . We just have a stock intake system I did put a k&n filter in before I got a cold air intake worked nicely I got the intake to make my sxts engine look better. With my new headers and other stuff and intake and borla exhaust my sxt sounds meaner now.

Last edited by showsxt; 03-21-2011 at 11:29 AM.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:22 AM
Icon_xof
Rookie

You're right. I must have had a short-circuit in my brain for a second Durka durka. I put a K&N right after I bought her. Guess I'll be making a DIY CAI in the near future to go with it. And yeah, they do look a lot better than the stock box.
I bet your SXT does sound mean with those mods. Hopefully I'll be able to afford the nicer upgrades someday (I don't know with the way the economy is going these days). Until then I'll be doing as much DIY as I can, and any cheap upgrades I can find (just added a rear sway bar from an '01 I found in a junk yard with Energy Suspension links for less than $40, and it made a very nice difference in handling).

Old 03-25-2011, 12:12 PM
showsxt
Record Breaker

She would sound alot meaner if I did not put a resanator on the srt exhaust when I had it on got introuble with it being so loud and the borla was just as loud so left it on when I got the borla put on. Yeah rear sway bar with the links is a nice add. Do i yourself intake is a cool idea.