Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Exhaust play

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 12:57 AM
ShizRoth
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust play

Hey guys im new here haha thought id ask a question. I drive an 05 sxt and my friends and i were playin with the muffler and decided to take it off and bein kids we didnt mind it. I was wondering the effects, positive and/or negative of just running without a muffler? Thanks

Old 07-28-2012, 11:10 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

It wont pass emissions, You can get tickets, in my opinion looks and sounds like crap. At least put a Srt-4 over-axle/rear section on it. Or maybe a dynomax. A local shop should weld it up from anywhere $30-$80 depending on location and how many hangers and stuff you need. srt-4 rear section looks ****.

Old 07-28-2012, 11:18 PM
ShizRoth

Thanks man. Just like the part of the SRT exhaust with the tips or the whole bang?

Old 07-28-2012, 11:33 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

Just the rear section. Honestly you could just have something custom built at a good shop. When I worked at midas I would custom build full exhaust systems for cars. I am sure there are a lot of places that can bend pipe. Pick out some nice 2.25" or 2.5" chrome tips and get a quote from a shop. You may be surprised how cheap it is. I would of done a dual exhaust rear section with 2.5" for under $175 out the door with tips. But prices will vary depending on location and shops. The duals should give you a better tone and a little crackle. Just keep the cat on it otherwise you will sound like a a riced out honda lol.

Old 07-28-2012, 11:39 PM
ShizRoth

So just take them tips and have them do the pipe? Whats the cheapest i could find the rear section of srt exhaust.

Old 07-28-2012, 11:50 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

I am sure you could get one 50-150 locally, but shipping will be added to that. plus you still need to get it installed. I would wait on the tips and just get some quotes. Have them show you under the car, you can tell them how you you want it. Then you can ask them there opinion. They may stock tips. Just have them do 2.25" it will be easier for them which means better work from the lazy mechanics. 2.5" would be silly and over kill.
Should only take $50-75 it parts plus labor, shop supplies, and tax. Depending on how crazy you get, the price could go up fast,

Old 07-29-2012, 12:08 AM
ShizRoth

Im real interested in the rear end of srt exhaust thought, i just would have no clue where to find em.

Old 07-29-2012, 12:20 AM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

They make dual tip exhaust systems for your car on ebay, also try Modernperformance.com. Beware of the cheap ebay ones, some may crack easy.

Old 07-29-2012, 01:29 AM
ShizRoth

Its difficult to just find the end piece tho

Quick Reply: Exhaust play