Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Headlight help

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 02:48 PM
neon owner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight help

Hey Neon owners. I don't have a owners manual and I need to know what kind of headlights I have in my 1996 Neon. My headlights have starting getting cloudy and I need to replace them.
Can anyone help?

Old 11-13-2005, 02:47 AM
RadarLove
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Headlight help

The stock headlights on all the 1st gens tend to get a cloudy film over them. To get new ones from the dealer will run you $140+ per light... Then there's the option of sanding them down with a very fine grit sandpaper and some plastic polish. That will do wonders... for a while, and the film will eventually show back up.

The absolute best option are aftermarket headlights. The TYC brand is an exceptional value and includes the DOT sticker to prove legality, if needed. I've seen both headlights and both front turn signals for $140. The DEPO brand (goes by Crystal Clear, Euro Clear, Krystal Klear, etc.) is also very good, it's what I've go on my car now (under $100 used for the pair). You might find the Ralli-style non-projector twin lights to your liking (think mid-90's Integra). All of these will GREATLY improve night vision... to the point I'm shocked that a safety recall hasn't been issued for the 1st gen stock headlights... it's that big of a difference. All arre DOT legal, stamped seal of aproval and all...

APC makes a "projector" style lamp, and there's a "projector" style Ralli-twin lamp as well. Neither of these have particularly good output. Only good for the "wow" factor.

You can google around and find the best deal for the ones you want. www.modernperformance.com and www.howellautomotive.com both sell the DEPO style and have a great reputation with Neon owners. You can search around ebay, I guarantee you'll find them there, just keep an eye on shipping charges and dealer feedback, as always...

Best of luck!

Quick Reply: Headlight help