Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Finally went to the track tonight.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2004, 02:01 AM
99neon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally went to the track tonight.....

So I finally made it out to the track tonight and made a few runs My best time all night was 16.058 ET. I still got a long way to go, but hey I've cut .7 off my time since the last time I ran, so that's nice I'll be going to the junkyard to get motor mounts so I can fill 'em up with 3M and get 'em on there before the next time I run That wheel hop is nasty[sm=smiley6.gif]

Old 05-15-2004, 07:37 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Finally went to the track tonight.....

I know what you mean, my R/T had that problem and it had the Mopar motor mounts and bobble strut and the mounts had the Rex inserts in them.[sm=smiley24.gif]

Old 05-15-2004, 03:14 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

What were your 60ft times? Seems like you should be able to do a little better than that, but either way nice job on improving. I know what you mean about getting some motor mounts. I need to get some for mine, I don't get wheel hop that much, but I do sometimes.

Old 05-17-2004, 10:34 AM
99neon

On the run that I made that time, my 60' time was 2.339. I thought I would do better than that as well, but I just couldn't break 16 This is only the second time I've ever run at a track, so maybe I'll get better with some practice I should probably get some better tires as well, right now I'm running Goodyear Weather Handlers great for the street, but not all that good performance wise. I drive this car a lot, so I think I should probably get the injectors cleaned too, maybe that'll give me a little more power, hopefully....

Old 05-17-2004, 08:58 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

A can of Techron (made by Chevron) will clear up those fuel injectors according to a DF member who is a certified Dodge mechanic....[&:]

Old 05-18-2004, 12:07 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

Well on my stock goodyears I pulled a 2.2 60ft. I would get a lot of spin off the line for a fraction of a second, then the tires would just bite in and take off. But I was launching it hard (around 5 grand), because my car sleeps under 3 grand. Yeah, better tires and some motor mounts would probably help you out a lot.

Old 05-22-2004, 01:42 AM
99neon

So I went out to the track again tonight. I got the passenger side hard motor mount in and this time I brought my tire pressure down to about 23psi. Much better on the times, I ran a 15.703@86.91[8D] My 60' time was still 2.337, but I made up for it somewhere along the way I think it had a lot to do with the track temp only being 74 this time, compared to 90 last time. Now that I'm in the 15's it's time to start shooting for the 14's Still got a long way to go for that....

Old 05-22-2004, 03:54 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

Nice job. You can probably get your time down a few tenths just with some more practice with what you have right now. 14s will take some work to get to. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Finally went to the track tonight.....