Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Electrical problem????

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006 | 03:57 AM
mysonscar
Default Electrical problem????

[size=3]Today my sons 2001 neon started acting up. While he was driving it died three times...he stated that the lights dimmed, radio went out and then died. When I was driving it not die but, there was a loud popping noise coming from the radio (radio went off then came back on), the electric door locks cycled, all about the same time. Could it be the alternator starting to go??? Also, a couple of thimes in the last few days when the car is turned off the radion continues to receive power...sounds like GREMLINS!!!! Any Ideas????

Old 03-28-2006 | 04:54 PM
casper
Legend
Default RE: Electrical problem????

Sounds like a bad wire somewhere in the main ignition power wiring

Old 03-29-2006 | 03:43 PM
musclecarneon

There's a lot of stuff this could be ... run through the whole ignition system with a tester and look for loose, worn or broken wires. If that doesn't work, you can test the alternator, but chances are it's just a wire somewhere.

Old 03-30-2006 | 12:04 PM
RadarLove
Record Breaker

I've seen problems with the ignition switch and/or wiring pop up quite a bit lately (here and other fourms), particularly on the 2nd gens. That would be where I'd start. Had similar problems with my old '78 Accord years ago...

Best of luck!

Quick Reply: Electrical problem????