Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

some problems...

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 02:32 AM
sushi423
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: some problems...

i am going to the local junkyard to look for a guage cluster with a tach tommarow....if it doesnt rain.

>_< GOD DAMN MICHIGAN WEATHER >_<

Old 08-11-2004, 02:39 AM
Cr@zy Squ33

Could be worse. You could be in the midst of tornado season in Colorado.

I got to watch as a tornado touched down in the field next to my house. Nothing cooler than seeing a funnel come down out of the sky as the air-raid siren wails int he background then watching as 2 helicopters fly over and sit just on the edge of it and watch it. One chopper was military and the other was from the news station.

One of the girls from work who lives a block from me called me, she was hysterical and thought I was going to die. I laughed, being from NJ with their yearly hurricanes tornados are nothing in comparison.

Old 08-11-2004, 03:45 AM
b_s_d
Professional

ORIGINAL: Crazy Squee
Now if you want to completely remove the back of the seat from the car then yes, you are going to need to also remove the seatbelts....
I think I understand the confusion. Sounds like what your saying is that your seat-back is held to the car at the seatbelt Torx bolts like every other Neon rear seat-back I've seen, but you're able to pop it loose at the top without removing them. I admit never trying this since the manual only mentions taking out the bolts.

I have a great appreciation for shortcuts and had to reinstall the dried trunk carpet in the coupe anyway, so gave it a try this afternoon and found two things: 1) it must take some finesse and/or considerable strength and 2) I fall short on finesse and/or considerable strength [&o]. Glad it works well for you; hopefully pulling the seat-back on my car will be a rare enough event that the extra couple minutes to unbolt it will be NBD over course of ownership.

Old 08-11-2004, 01:51 PM
sushi423
Veteran

THHHHANNKKK YOUUU

i have another question, the gauge cluster in a cavalier looks EXACTLY the sameas a neon wiht a tach, is the wiring different?
If not im just going to get a guage cluster from a cavalier even though getting the dash out is a workout in itself. Seriously, i was SO happy when i took out my dash in teh neon it was SOOO easy

P.S. i also lack finess and strenth maybe if me and my friend both pull on it[>:]

Old 08-11-2004, 06:11 PM
casper
Legend

I highly doubt that a cavi gauge will fit in the neon.

Old 08-11-2004, 06:32 PM
sushi423
Veteran

DOOD! it took me forever to figure out why you told the tornado story b/c i just remembered how i said that michigan weather sucks..
see i told you i wasnt smart.

Old 08-11-2004, 08:03 PM
Cr@zy Squ33

ORIGINAL: sushi423

DOOD! it took me forever to figure out why you told the tornado story b/c i just remembered how i said that michigan weather sucks..
see i told you i wasnt smart.
Hehe. Yeah, looks like we are due for some more tornadoes tonight.

Oh, an no, my seat back is not bolted down with the Torx T-55 bolts. I don't know what to tell you guys to prove it to you short of flying you clowns out to my place so I can physically show you. The only reason why you should have to take the bolts out is to actually physically remove the rear seatback from the car. But in the case of a battery relocation or stereo install there is no need to remove it from the car completely, If you tug on the back of the seat it will unclip then you can swing it foward enough to work.

Old 08-11-2004, 09:37 PM
sushi423
Veteran

good news found a neon at the junkyard that got in an accident at 74k with a DOHC , well i took out the gauge cluster b/c it had a tach and installed it in my car and it works great. altho it has a sohc and the tach goes to 8k dunno if thats going to be a problem or not.

i got it for 53$ and i kinda thought that was alot but i thought wth at least i get it right now rather than waiting a week or two to get it from ebay..

Old 08-11-2004, 09:55 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

...and you don't have to worry about somone ripping you off on eBay......good find!!![sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 08-11-2004, 09:58 PM
Cr@zy Squ33

i agree with Jim here, but I do think you got reamed ont he price.

Quick Reply: some problems...