Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

2005 Dodge Neon: New Face/Pictures!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 03:43 AM
66coronet
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2005 Dodge Neon: New Face/Pictures!!!

ORIGINAL: sushi423

the front looks kinda gay

Looks like a mini viper to me.

I still havn't seen this add out yet.

I'm looking forward to the new nose. I was hoping this nose would come out when dodge anounced they liked the 2002 SEMA show car enough to make the nose thier own. But I was dissappointed with a dodge caravan nosed neon. If this is the last year for the neon. I sure hope the neon goes out as big seller with this new nose. Even though the SRT-4 races. Why not allow those who like the look use it to race 2.0L SCCA class.
I hope it sells so well, that it may delay the next gen neon replacement.

Old 12-08-2004, 11:58 PM
OG MagDak
Professional

very nice hope it picks the sales up

Old 12-20-2004, 06:08 AM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

This isn't the 2005 neon fascia. Its an additional package that DCX MIGHT make for late production, but I believe is already in Canada, to boost sales of the Neon to the younger crowd in its last year. In person it looks NOTHING like an SRT. Its very easy to tell the difference....unless of course your a honda owner...then well its hard to tell your *** from your elbow [>:]

It doesnt have the stance, the bumper is totally different, its just awkward looking. I give them credit for trying. Its not all that bad, but its not good either.

It just isn't feasible for DCX to totally redo the Neon for 2005, and then swap over to a whole new body style rendered off the Lancer. Thats just not financially intelligent.

Nice concept. But this is NOT the 2005 Neon. Its the SRT-look-alike package. That you may never see.

Old 12-23-2004, 01:32 AM
GroundControl
Veteran

ya i could tell right away it wasnt an srt. It looks totaly diffrent. Its still nicer looking then the 00-02 neons i believe but, other people cant tell. i just had the srt rims on my 02 and people in there civics and audi thought it was the srt. i to give them credit for trying.

Old 12-24-2004, 05:51 AM
01NeonR/T
Rookie

Seems like another "update" attempt to me. I like it though. Missing big snorts right next to the emblem for one thing... I liked the original Neon coupe ACR (or R/T).. I like the subdued styling of my 01 R/T, and thus far, the Neon has given me little to hate about it.. Unlike a certain Honda on the other side of the river... I like the proposed update, but how many potential Civic owner's will get duped into thinking they just bested a SRT-4?

Old 12-29-2004, 11:32 AM
srt4 driver
Veteran

Imatation is the best form of flattery...[8D]
I dont mind the package, I just think its a waste of money when you can shell out more dough and get
the "Go" to match your "Show" . . . . . its obvious that it isnt the SRT4 Model, there is no st. louis arch on the trunk.

Old 12-30-2004, 02:21 PM
Shelberado22

So this ISN'T the new 2005 dodge neon model, or what? Different people are saying different things. As far as the look goes, uninterested/everyday people will recognize it as a new Neon, if anything at all. Everyone I know already thinks the SRT is just a Neon anyway.

I love the body.. it's just plain fancier, but I'm more interested to know what improvements they're making on the 2005 model Neon, rather than just it's outward appearance.

Old 12-30-2004, 02:41 PM
RcBandit28
Captain

SRT DESIGN! Still available looking like the style that came out in 2003. I really don't care for that SRT Desgin look!

Old 12-30-2004, 02:44 PM
srt4 driver
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Shelberado22

So this ISN'T the new 2005 dodge neon model, or what? Different people are saying different things. As far as the look goes, uninterested/everyday people will recognize it as a new Neon, if anything at all. Everyone I know already thinks the SRT is just a Neon anyway.

I love the body.. it's just plain fancier, but I'm more interested to know what improvements they're making on the 2005 model Neon, rather than just it's outward appearance.
The srt4 IS a NEON, it just has a larger motor /w turbo (2.4L), better suspension, Larger rims, high performance tires, upgraded interior, better brakes & a big *** st. louis arch on the trunk as a spoiler.

Then the other NEON models have the 2L DOHC motor regular brakes, smaller rims... yadda yadda yadda.

PVO is the performance division of dodge (if they havent changed their name yet?)
Performance Vehicle Operations
Same type deal as SVT for ford....

Basicly its the "souped up" neon.

I hope that clarifies things for ya..... I dont mean to confuse you.

Old 12-31-2004, 05:59 PM
Mopar Performance
Record Breaker

do they make 2-door neons and if they do post a pic

Quick Reply: 2005 Dodge Neon: New Face/Pictures!!!