Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

2005 Dodge Neon: New Face/Pictures!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 10:30 AM
Neon05
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2005 Dodge Neon: New Face/Pictures!!!

All they make is the 4 door now.
I just put in a purchase order for a '05 SXT and went ahead and got the SRT design added, so I am guessing it is pretty safe to assume that this is available. I know many do not like the new design, but I do, and the car is for me.

Even with the SRT design added I was no where close to what it would have cost to get a SRT. The SRT-4 is also not really what I was looking for anyway. But I like the appearance on the design.
If there was any question as to wether or not you can tell the two cars apart, the SXT with the design has "SRT Design" written across the front. Those import drivers should have no problem figuring it out.

Unfortunately I will not be able to pick it up until later this spring which is when I move to the U.S. (overseas for military now), but the order has been placed and confirmed.

I plan on frequenting this forum and I will be sure to post a pic once I get to pick it up in a couple more months.

Old 01-08-2005, 06:09 AM
roadrnnr
Rookie

What state did you order in?

My daughter is waiting for one also. Dealer said Flame Red one will be in at end of Jan. These things are scarce right now. I can not find any on the East Coast!

Can some one post a picture if they have or seen one. Especially the rear end. There seems to be no pics of that.

Old 01-09-2005, 08:58 AM
Neon05

Hrmm, that is a good question. I am Active Duty military living overseas. We have new car sales which are here to cater to military people travelling back to the U.S. and only we can order through them. The reason I decided on this option was because I saved a disgusting amount of money by doing so.

My understanding is that they basically send the order to the factory and then I tell them where to ship it to the U.S. for me to pick up (any state)

At the time I ordered it the only color that was available was silver. It sounds like from what you said, more colors will be out later in the year.

I will not get mine until March. Sorry that I will not be able to show any pics until then.

Good luck.

Old 01-12-2005, 02:06 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This kinda reminds me back in the days when the Trans Am GTA did this same thing. You get a GTA conversion kit for the Trans AM firebirds. Basically nothing more than a cosmetic external package to make it look like a GTA, (hood, and taillights). But you can see right away it is not a GTA, no dual exhaust, teeny weeny tires, 2.8 V6, etc.

Having a SXT neon dressed up the same way, everyone in the world would want to race and play with ya.

What's that old saying? All BARK AND NO BITE?

Old 01-14-2005, 08:22 PM
roadrnnr
Rookie

My Duaghter picked hers up on Tues .

Heres pics

www.lavigneworld.com/2005/

Old 01-18-2005, 10:31 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

They are making this and I like it......

Old 02-04-2005, 10:15 PM
MoparMarc

I like the Look, just dont think they should of put the SRT design on the hood intake... looks cheap, they should of just made it say nothing.

Well 05 is the last year of the Neon.... By BY,..... will miss ya.... Its replacement will be a mitsu mut. but who knows...
To bad they didnt keep makin srt-4's

Old 03-23-2005, 03:10 PM
jimmasterK
Veteran

Well, it DOES have the dual exhaust, and it DOES have the St. Louis arch on the back, but that's about the only thing that'd fool you into thinking it's an SRT. A quick look at the grill and rims and you'll know. But I guarantee you anyone that gets one of these will have every ricer import running you and in the event that they win, they'll be boasting that they beat an SRT-4. Ricers tend to think that 1st Gen. Neons have turbo due to a high-pitched whistling noise that they make. That's just the intake making noise. Goes to show what they know and how easily they are duped. I think this design package is A) fugly and B) a money-losing effort by Chrysler.

Old 03-27-2005, 01:22 AM
casper
Legend

What are speed sensative power door locks? It does look pretty cool though

Old 03-27-2005, 06:36 PM
jimmasterK
Veteran

I've got to say that the "speed sensative power door locks" is the same feature our old Durango had. If you didn't lock the doors, they would automatically lock about the time you hit 5 mph. This is slightly different from our Impala that locks the doors as soon as you take it out of Park.

Quick Reply: 2005 Dodge Neon: New Face/Pictures!!!