Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

6.7L Round Up WHO'S GOT ONE? TELL US MORE!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 10:53 PM
Pipeliner15
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6.7L Round Up WHO'S GOT ONE? TELL US MORE!!

I have just recently purchased the new 6.7L and I love it. I also have an 06 5.9L and I know it is risky tryin the new engine so soon, but with the reputation Cummins has, I know they won't let me down. I am in the process of putting the flatbed I have built on and hook the trailer up and LOAD IT DOWN!! With this bigger engine, 4.11 gears and the 6 speed standard behind it, I have no doubt in my mind that I will pull the house to town and back. ALSO This new Jake Brake on the 6.7 is outstanding, it works like a charm. Both my 5.9 and 6.7 have the Jake Brake and it is a life saver both on the wallet and on the wear and tear of the truck. 6.7 the new life of Cummins!

[IMG]local://upfiles/59603/C1F2D7F467E940C2A0FE0FC9C66E228B.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/59603/4417079FCBFE46B5AF91A8EA8A77667D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-29-2007, 11:26 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 6.7L Round Up WHO'S GOT ONE? TELL US MORE!!

thats one of them chassis cab models. . .the power rating of that engine is around the same as what the 5.9 was putting out, however that is normal for them to be de-tuned for longevity putposes.

enjoy the ride, Ive loaded my 5.9L down and it didnt break a sweat

Old 03-30-2007, 10:57 PM
danthetigerfan

when I put the welding bed on my 6.7 The power loss was very noticible. IMHO my 6.7 is not nearly the engine that the old 5.9's are.
Too much pollution control. Cummins should not have turned the 6.7 down. This engine needs the extra 45 horses.

Old 03-31-2007, 12:03 PM
cumminalong

ORIGINAL: danthetigerfan

when I put the welding bed on my 6.7 The power loss was very noticible. IMHO my 6.7 is not nearly the engine that the old 5.9's are.
Too much pollution control. Cummins should not have turned the 6.7 down. This engine needs the extra 45 horses.
Sounds like it's time to make friends with a service tech <----- NO, not a service manager.....a good tech, and see if he can weasel a regular program for the pickup's. Not sure if it could be done, due to the fact that I'm sure it reads off of the VIN whether it would be valid or not, but hey, worth a shot.

Then again, you do use your truck for a living, so it "probably" ain't a smart idea. [:-]

Old 04-01-2007, 03:19 AM
Jeb

Guys,

Newbie here in more ways than just first time poster here on the forum. I just bought my first Gote and it does seem to be quite impressive so far. One heck-of a truck if you ask me. 25 plus years of being a die hard Ford guy here and I just could not make myself buy the new 08' Ford that I had been waiting to check out. Long story that I won't bore you guys with the details of LOL

At any rate, I have had my new 07' White Gote dually with the 6.7 for a full week now and its been in service doing what I bought her for all week. Almost 3500 miles on here now and the Gote and all the goodies on this new setup have been steller.
I got the six speed selective auto tranny in the truck also, so I not only have the new 6.7L motor to work through any changes I may have to make or have done, but this new tranny may have some issues also... Just this past week and the 3500 miles of draggin' my 27' gooseneck and the load I get every morning, the truck has been awesome in every respect except with maybe the fuel mileage LOL...

I am really thinking to figure on the removal of the new PDF or whatever they want to call this filter on the exhaust, to wake up the missing better fuel mileage somewhat though. I am sure trolling around the very finer details of how and what it takes to do this and keep the two sensors, one at each end of this assembly; all fat and happy once the filter(PDF) is lost in the back corner of my shop somewhere. Of coarse this would be only for experimental purposes only if you know what I mean

So if anyone has any experience with all this new exhaust and the removal of it, I would sure like to know what and how things was if any real problems accure???

I did have one of the younger service techs at the dealer I bought the truck at, go out and open the ECM and setup the idle up feature with the scanner they use. Took about five minutes too. Now for longer periods of idling I can run the speed up and hold it there while running the lights in the trailer and not worry so much about a sooting and carboning problem. Anyway, that is the story here on my first Dodge, any help along the way of getting the Gote all dialed in better would surely be welcome guys, thanks

Old 04-01-2007, 11:10 AM
nomolos1
Rookie

You might want to contact the Gear Venders Overdrive company, to see if you could gain some extra miledge out of a aux overdrive unit. I'm thinking of doing that on my 01. When the transmission go out (and it will) contact ATS and geta 5 star tq converter and a big valve body. Your tranny should be hard to kill then.How aboutan electric fans to reduce the engine drag and improve throtle repdonce? You might want to pick up a cold air intake too.

Old 04-02-2007, 05:34 AM
DiEseLjunKy
Veteran

Better be careful messing around with that DPF. Might be best just to leave it alone considering removing it would not only cause all kinds of codes and such but is also a violation of federal law. And the paper your warranty is printed on will be good for wiping your rear end with too.

Old 04-02-2007, 09:22 AM
cumminalong

ORIGINAL: Jeb

Guys,

Newbie here in more ways than just first time poster here on the forum. I just bought my first Gote and it does seem to be quite impressive so far. One heck-of a truck if you ask me. 25 plus years of being a die hard Ford guy here and I just could not make myself buy the new 08' Ford that I had been waiting to check out. Long story that I won't bore you guys with the details of LOL

At any rate, I have had my new 07' White Gote dually with the 6.7 for a full week now and its been in service doing what I bought her for all week. Almost 3500 miles on here now and the Gote and all the goodies on this new setup have been steller.
I got the six speed selective auto tranny in the truck also, so I not only have the new 6.7L motor to work through any changes I may have to make or have done, but this new tranny may have some issues also... Just this past week and the 3500 miles of draggin' my 27' gooseneck and the load I get every morning, the truck has been awesome in every respect except with maybe the fuel mileage LOL...

I am really thinking to figure on the removal of the new PDF or whatever they want to call this filter on the exhaust, to wake up the missing better fuel mileage somewhat though. I am sure trolling around the very finer details of how and what it takes to do this and keep the two sensors, one at each end of this assembly; all fat and happy once the filter(PDF) is lost in the back corner of my shop somewhere. Of coarse this would be only for experimental purposes only if you know what I mean

So if anyone has any experience with all this new exhaust and the removal of it, I would sure like to know what and how things was if any real problems accure???

I did have one of the younger service techs at the dealer I bought the truck at, go out and open the ECM and setup the idle up feature with the scanner they use. Took about five minutes too. Now for longer periods of idling I can run the speed up and hold it there while running the lights in the trailer and not worry so much about a sooting and carboning problem. Anyway, that is the story here on my first Dodge, any help along the way of getting the Gote all dialed in better would surely be welcome guys, thanks
Jeb.....Welcome to DF!

Be patient with the exhaust as there are not a lot of folks running the new engine / tranny combo yet. Give the aftermarket folks a little bit of time to work out the bugs (patience isn't one of my virtues either).

Do you have a chassis / cab or standard pickup configuration? If it's a chassis / cab, then it is slightly "de-rated" and makes the same power as the 5.9.

As for the mileage......it's gonna be crap until you get up into the 10K - 15K mile range, then you'll see pretty noticeable improvement. Most guys see 14ish in the first 10-15K, then 18-19 after that. Me....in day to day driving I see between 17 - 19 and on the highway I can push 21 - 23 if I keep it under 2K RPM's and baby it..

Anyways......Enjoy!

Old 04-02-2007, 03:33 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: Jeb

I just bought my first Gote
What's a "Gote" ? I never heard that term before.

Welcome aboard Jeb !!

Old 09-12-2007, 08:03 PM
learn2launch

I just bought a new 08 QC 4x4 with the 6.7 automatic,I have only 600+ miles on it, the electronic readout says average MPG around 17-18.5 mpg not pulling anything. I can't wait to get a toyhauler and put it to the test. What a nice pickup to drive, even though it is a short wheel base, it rides smooth, steers nice and extreme power in the low rpm range. Very impressed so far.

Quick Reply: 6.7L Round Up WHO'S GOT ONE? TELL US MORE!!