Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Bye Guys

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 04:07 AM
TheWizard
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bye Guys

well im off to basic training in two days and i just wanted to say "Keep Your Throttles Open, Your Turbos Spinning, and Your Smoke Belching"

Ill be back when i can

MOS- 89D - EOD- US Army

Old 04-03-2007, 04:11 AM
ds06
Professional
Default RE: Bye Guys

take care of yourself out there...but...thank you for serving, i can never thank a soldier enough...you guys (and girls) kick ***!

Old 04-03-2007, 05:09 AM
DiEseLjunKy
Veteran

Godspeed and thanks for your service! Ohhh yeah, and save up those coins for diesel truck mods instead of blowing them on beers and card games

Old 04-03-2007, 08:08 AM
cumminalong

ORIGINAL: TheWizard

well im off to basic training in two days and i just wanted to say "Keep Your Throttles Open, Your Turbos Spinning, and Your Smoke Belching"

Ill be back when i can

MOS- 89D - EOD- US Army
Good luck bud!

Just remember, it's all a head game and you'll be fine. As long as you don't expect anything, you won't be dissappointed. Take it one day, one event, one step at a time. Look too far down the road and it seems like it'll take forever.

RLTW!

Old 04-03-2007, 10:28 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

before you know it you'll have 10 years in. . .

I'm on yr 12 myself. . .I feel old

Old 04-03-2007, 10:28 AM
gtxpooch
All Star

Just remember, it's all a head game and you'll be fine. As long as you don't expect anything, you won't be dissappointed. Take it one day, one event, one step at a time. Look too far down the road and it seems like it'll take forever.
Yep, What he said! Take care and be safe!

Old 04-03-2007, 11:39 AM
Joel_MD
Captain

Good luck and Godspeed. I served in the active USAF for five years, and I've been in the AF Reserve for another six. I just returned in January from six months in Afghanistan. I have three pieces of advice for any young person who enters military service:

1. Do the GI Bill pay deduction ($100/month for 12 months). If you go tocollege or vocational traininglater they will pay you $1,075/month for three years!

2. Always do the right thing, even if nobody is watching.

3. Save at least 20% of your pay, before deductions. Open an account with a company like T. Rowe Price, Fidelity or Vanguard and have them automatically take an amount each pay period and put it in a growth mutual fund. (Something like T. Rowe Price Capital Appreciation, PRWCX) If you do it automatically each month you'll never miss the money. Leave the money in no matter what happens to the stock market; ride out the market downturns..

I know a guy who retired as an E-8 a few years ago. He had invested 1/4 of his paycheck ever since basic training and never touched it. His account balance is well over a million bucks now, and he works part time in the tool dept at Home Depot just because he enjoys it. Twenty years from now you could be the "millionaire next door" who works at the Dodge parts counter and always has a smile on his face.

Take care!

Old 04-03-2007, 11:56 AM
Drew
Professional

ORIGINAL: hildenja
3. Save at least 20% of your pay, before deductions. Open an account with a company like T. Rowe Price, Fidelity or Vanguard and have them automatically take an amount each pay period and put it in a growth mutual fund. (Something like T. Rowe Price Capital Appreciation, PRWCX) If you do it automatically each month you'll never miss the money. Leave the money in no matter what happens to the stock market; ride out the market downturns..

I know a guy who retired as an E-8 a few years ago. He had invested 1/4 of his paycheck ever since basic training and never touched it. His account balance is well over a million bucks now, and he works part time in the tool dept at Home Depot just because he enjoys it. Twenty years from now you could be the "millionaire next door" who works at the Dodge parts counter and always has a smile on his face.

Take care!
TSP BABY!!!

got 20% going into mine right now (that includes the 5% match)

Old 04-03-2007, 03:56 PM
RobertDunn
Professional

Wizard! Good luck! I'm 11B... Good luck at EOD school! Gotta give you credit, Infantry have *****, but EOD has some guts... I don't think EOD ever would have crossed my mind when I enlisted...

Old 04-03-2007, 04:55 PM
usafr
All Star

Good luck man. Remember,, DONT VOLUNTEER FOR ANYTHING,, lol. Just do what ur told, pay attention, and always try ur hardest. I may be wearing green later on this year,,,, if the wife lets me [8D]. The GI bill is a very, very good idea, so are the investment deals too. The main one is that GI bill, make sure and opt for it, even if u dont go to college, u can sign it over to ur wife or kids.

Quick Reply: Bye Guys