Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Fuel pressure gauge

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 11:41 AM
sharx ram
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fuel pressure gauge

Thanks Triton, I hadnt thought about that ...makes good since tho...

Old 04-10-2007, 01:51 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: triton
I didn't want fuel inthe cab either so, anti-freeze was the way to go.
I guess if i saw the instructions I'd understand better, but what's with the antifreeze? Do you mix it with the fuel or something? I don't get how the two mix.

Old 04-10-2007, 04:24 PM
GFB
Professional

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

I guess if i saw the instructions I'd understand better, but what's with the antifreeze? Do you mix it with the fuel or something? I don't get how the two mix.
[sm=headbang.gif][sm=headbang.gif][sm=headbang.gif]
I've only been here for a short time and I'm not trying to be an ***, but these guys must really have a lot of patience for you. [sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

Old 04-10-2007, 05:04 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: GFB

I've only been here for a short time and I'm not trying to be an ***, but these guys must really have a lot of patience for you. [sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

we dont go off on him cause he supplies us with pics of Scarlet Johansens stacks[8D]

Old 04-10-2007, 06:31 PM
cumminalong

ORIGINAL: GFB

Ahhhhhhhhh, everybody in life needs someone like Mayfair......

Besides, if everybody here knew everything about anything, what the hell would be the discussion.

You know we love ya brotha!

Old 04-10-2007, 06:55 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: cumminalong

Pfft .... I aint sweatin that cat. I don't recall ever stating that I'm an Einstein, or that I knew everything. I'm here to learn, hang out with some friends, and have fun while doing so.

Soooooo, with that being said ..... What's the antifreeze for ??

Old 04-10-2007, 07:38 PM
GFB
Professional

ORIGINAL: cumminalong

Pfft .... I aint sweatin that cat. I don't recall ever stating that I'm an Einstein, or that I knew everything. I'm here to learn, hang out with some friends, and have fun while doing so.

Soooooo, with that being said ..... What's the antifreeze for ??

There is an isolator under the hood. A fuel line runs to the isolator, and transfers the pressure to antifreeze, which is on the other side of the isolator that runs to the gauge. That way if anything leaks in the cabin, it's just antifreeze and not fuel. Why antifreeze? Won't freeze, won't corrode lines, gauge parts, etc. I was just pokin a little fun at ya man. No harm intended.

Old 04-10-2007, 07:43 PM
triton
Record Breaker

Jokers Wild ! Mayfair, you da man ^>^

The anti-freeze is just a non flammable, safe ( as long as you don't drink it ) fluid to use instead of fuel. The last thing you need is a fuel leak in the cab.

The isolator is a rubber diaphram that separates the fuel from the anti-freeze. The fuel side of the isolator connects to either a tapped fuel filter cap, using a banjo bolt on the CP3 or, installing a T in the fuel line. When the pressure from the pump hits the diaphram it transfers the pressure to the anti-freeze side. That in turn pushes the anti-freeze to the gauge to to show your pressure.

Old 04-10-2007, 08:02 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: triton

The isolator is a rubber diaphram that separates the fuel from the anti-freeze. The fuel side of the isolator connects to either a tapped fuel filter cap, using a banjo bolt on the CP3 or, installing a T in the fuel line. When the pressure from the pump hits the diaphram it transfers the pressure to the anti-freeze side. That in turn pushes the anti-freeze to the gauge to to show your pressure.
THAT'S the part that I didn't know !! I didn't know wat an isolator was. Thanks for clearing it up for me Triton. Like I said before, I probably would have understood things better had I either seen one before or seen the instructions. NOW I get it ... LOL !!

GFB - Thanks to you too for helping to clear things up !! I knew you were havin fun.

Old 04-10-2007, 09:41 PM
jakebrake
Champion

sounds like it is clear as mud.

Quick Reply: Fuel pressure gauge