Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

16 year old and my Ram...

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 09:09 PM
sharx ram
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 16 year old and my Ram...

Well, she didnt kill me...I just got home from letting my daughter (16) practice driving my truck and she did great except for almost taking out a Ram that could have passed for Tritons, I told her the only thing worse than taking out 2 nice Rams would have been the fact that one of them was mine! hehehe
She thought it was great, especially when she noticed the other 16 year olds looking at her, I knew I had my windows limo tinted for a reason [8D]

Old 04-08-2007, 10:08 PM
rbmason
Rookie
Default RE: 16 year old and my Ram...

Ha ha, it must be a cummin's dad thing.

I first learned to drive when I was 12 on my '99 CTD.
Well, I say learned to drive, I've been driving since about 8 on our farm,
but that was my first time on the interstate, driving about 100 miles.
Didn't come close to hitting anything, but I tell you, that power (as a young kid) is quite intimidating.

Here's hoping she doesn't wreck it.

Sadly, last Friday, my first CTD go totaled by a friend who bought it.
It was a sad, sad day (he's fine, but the truck is a goner).

Old 04-08-2007, 10:08 PM
Ben D.
Champion

Hey sharx hows bout hookin me up wit yo daughter. At least she'd be with someone that loves diesel as much as you (i'm 18 so don't be thinkin i'm like some 50 year old predator)

Old 04-08-2007, 10:10 PM
RobertDunn
Professional

ORIGINAL: Ben D.

Hey sharx hows bout hookin me up wit yo daughter. At least she'd be with someone that loves diesel as much as you (i'm 18 so don't be thinkin i'm like some 50 year old predator)
I was just waiting for someone to go on that line

I actually learned manual first... thank god for that, I have friends that run in fear when they see a manual tranny car.... hope she learns that too

(also comes in handy while using a big *** UHaul)

Old 04-08-2007, 10:51 PM
sharx ram
Champion

Not a chance Ben ...No offense but she is my princess...hopefully my truck will intimidateenough of them to stay away from her, and for the rest Ill be waiting hehehe
I deffinately want her to learn how to drive a stick but as it is she has enough problems staying focussed on the road, my wife has been teaching her how to drive in our Cherrokee but she loves driving my truck, shes getting better with the anti-lock brakes now, they used to scare her to death.

Old 04-08-2007, 11:15 PM
cmnspwr
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Ben D.

Are you serious? I dont know if you are joking or what, but that is pretty desperate. Asking a random father if you can "hook up" with his daughter. Get out and meet new people on your own.

Old 04-08-2007, 11:22 PM
Ben D.
Champion

It's a joke dude calm down man. I dunno if you noticed but on this forum I try to kid around and have a laugh at it. there's plenty of girls to hang out with at my school was just tryin to have a little fun. Sheesh

I know sharx in case you didn't see the humor in that too well it was a joke and I was just kidding around. Your daughter must be pretty good driver tho I test drove a truck a while back qcsb 2500 and gotta say it was not a very easy thing to drive going down the road. very big lotsa power. If you teach her on that and a grand cherokee she'll be just fine when it's time to be on her own in a vehicle. That's good ur teachin her stick I'm wondering how much longer stick shifts will be aroudn. They are almost impossible to find anymore even in vehicles that they are available in.

Old 04-08-2007, 11:25 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i like to say to all the chaps hanging around my daughter... i wouldn't mind going back to prison if i had to kill some like twert that hurt my daughter.

another tip. here in georgia they have to pass a parallel parking test to get their license. i had my daughter practice with my truck in the school parking lot where there are a whole row of parallel spots painted. it takes a lot of patience, but after wrestling with the truck and getting pretty good with it, then a normal car is a breeze.

Old 04-08-2007, 11:26 PM
cmnspwr
Veteran

Ben, I didnt mean for you to take it the wrong way. I was just stating my opinion. No hard feelings.

Old 04-08-2007, 11:34 PM
Ben D.
Champion

nah no hard feelings bro, were all one big happy family on the CTD forum. But yes if I was serious or someone would seriously say something like that then yea I'd say the same thing you did no doubt.

Dh i love that back to prison thing, Bill engvall has something like that when he does his bit about his daughter very hilarious.

Quick Reply: 16 year old and my Ram...