Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Rokk timing sensor vs. Tone Ring mod

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007 | 03:09 PM
bert0168
|
Professional
Default Rokk timing sensor vs. Tone Ring mod

I am looking for MPG improvements and was considering a Rokk sensor. During my search for info about the sensor, I came across a forum discussing AT LENGTH (28 threads) simple modifications that can be made to the tone ring to advance timing instead of installing the Rokk sensor.

Has anyone had experience with either modding their tone ring or the Rokk sensor? From what I've read elsewhere, it seemsthat the advance timing will probably lower EGT's, increase lower end power slightly and increase MPG anywhere from.5 to 2mpg.

Any advice or input from you guys is appreciated before I decide which mod to try.

Old 04-26-2007 | 03:25 PM
Drew
Professional
Default RE: Rokk timing sensor vs. Tone Ring mod

well. .. .modyfing the tone ring will give you the same effect of the rokk tech sensor. the good thing about the rokk tech sensor is if something happens to it, you have the origional on hand, with the tone ring that is all you have.

Old 04-29-2007 | 01:52 PM
Dodge This
Professional

I installed my ROKK sensor and have seen 1.0-1.5 MPG improvment. Like he said if I ever need it I have they factory one, and the new sensor came with a warrenty if it fails.

Old 04-29-2007 | 02:23 PM
gtxpooch
All Star

And the Rokk sensor only takes about10-15 minutes to install for us slow guys.

Quick Reply: Rokk timing sensor vs. Tone Ring mod