Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

straight pipe= rice burner

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 12:50 AM
jakebrake
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: straight pipe= rice burner

When I change my tip to 5" I also change about 2 ft of pipe to 5" so the sound would change. Just adding a tip doesn't really change the sound. I got a little deeper mellower sound by changing the pipe. Also a programmer that changes timeing also really changes the sound of the exhaust, not at idle, but under load there is a deffinate change. I run my edge comp on the lowest setting and I see about a 5-7% improvement. I'm back up to where I was before ULSD.

Old 05-10-2007, 01:52 PM
BigCassCummins

When I had my Rig straight piped, I had them throw on a 5" Weed Burner tip...Im not too sure if the tip itself made any difference but I know for dang sure the straight pipe did.

I Love the sound of my rig...the best part is going through a tunnel or under a overpass on I-90...LOVE IT!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDvU4lkv9FA

Old 05-11-2007, 01:27 AM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

i hear ya on that one! i just put an aero on and its got a good sound to it but that straight pipe was much throatier... maybe because i have the 4:10 gear it seemed to loud to me. my rpms are always jumping at the slightest tap. either way enjoy!

Quick Reply: straight pipe= rice burner