Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

What did your tax return buy?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 11:49 AM
Joel_MD
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What did your tax return buy?

Wow, that's ridiculous! Usually the .600 Nitro Express would only be chambered in a 14-pound double rifle that costs about $60,000, and it's still a bruiser to shoot. The cartridges alone cost about $300 for a box of twenty. Shooting that round in a pistol is crazy!

Any of you guys read any of the Peter Capstick books about big game hunting in Africa? He was a "white hunter" (hunting guide) in the 1970s, going after elephants, Cape buffalo, lions, leopards, etc. He used a .470 Nitro Express double rifle when going after the big stuff. He has some of the most amazing stories.

I guess this thread is getting a little off the topic of diesel Rams!

Old 05-11-2007, 12:20 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What did your tax return buy?

ORIGINAL: Bigriver

What return is right! I'm with you on the tax burden that we all face. This is the second year I had to pay extra. The Alternitive Minimum Tax schedule nailed me this year. It started in the late 60's and affected about 12 people. Because it's not adjusted for inflation, it pulls in about 20,000 people a year. Basically in a nut shell , the IRS took away my allowable deductions like home mortgage interest and such.
I'm self employed so to speak and I pay my taxes quarterly.You really connect with whats going on when you have to physically write a check to the state and feds every quarter.
http://www.fairtax.org

Quick Reply: What did your tax return buy?