Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Question for the guru's

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007 | 10:12 PM
BigCassCummins
Default Question for the guru's

Hey All...

My buddybought a '04 Ram 2500 CTD about 2 months ago, and has been having problems left and right. The dang thing has been in the shop 25days out of the 50days hes owned it..[:@]

His PS pump went out twice, and now hes been having some problems getting it started. Hehad it towedto a shop and they told him all 6 injectors and injector hoses need to be replaced.

Now, the warranty company had to be called out to take a look at it, and they said they wont foot the $3700 bill because he has an aftermarket air intake on it...they said the CAI on the rig was/is the cause of the injector problem, so they wont pay...

My question is, do you guys truly believe that a CAI could/would be the casue of the injector problems? Or is the company just looking for a reason to not foot the bill?

Ive tried to get my buddy on here to check out the site and ask questions, but hes not too computer inclined.

Anyhelp would be great! Thanx all, and sorry for the long winded post.

-Josh

Old 05-11-2007 | 11:19 PM
Silverline
Veteran
Default RE: Question for the guru's

Here's a link to the K&N website. Tell your friend to take it in with them and show it to them. This is a LEGAL letter from K&N about "voiding" a warranty for a aftermarket CAI. It should be universal across the board for all intakes. Basically the warranty company is trying to sneak out of the warranty agreement and has no legal right to.

http://www.knfilters.com/warrantyletter.htm

Old 05-11-2007 | 11:20 PM
Silverline
Veteran

Good luck by the way

Old 05-12-2007 | 12:55 AM
jakebrake
Champion

No way it would kill the fuel system. Just trying to get out of paying.

Old 05-12-2007 | 01:50 AM
Silverline
Veteran

Jakebrake is right. There is no way on earth that air into an engine can kill injectors, if that was the case then most of us would be in some serious trouble.

Old 05-12-2007 | 01:57 AM
Kalevra
Record Breaker

I agree, I'm not a truck owner but I do have a CAI and I'd be screwed if it screwed with my injectors. They're only trying to get out of paying.

also sounds like he has a lemon on his hands. try taking it up legal actions (if it was bought from a dealer and if your state has something to say about lemons) That's what I would do, especially if there still it a warrenty on the vehicle.

Old 05-12-2007 | 04:11 AM
DieselDemon
Record Breaker

Being able to take in fresh air much easily has never hurt an engine.

I'd drive the truck through the dealership window. Then tell him you couldn't stop from all the power that the CAI develops.

Good luck.

Old 05-12-2007 | 07:59 AM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: DieselDemon

I'd drive the truck through the dealership window.
I agree, however before driving it through the window, I'd call all of the major news stations and tell them " Hey, wanna catch tonights top news story first hand? Be at such and such dealer at suh and such time"

Sure, he'll wind up in trouble ( which he's going to anyway ) but at least he'll have the whole town behind him.

Best of luck !!

Old 05-12-2007 | 01:23 PM
BigCassCummins

Thanx Guys!! Its funny to hear other people basically repeat you every word...

I couldnt figure out how more air would hurt an engine...and believe me, the words of driving through the dealerships front window...ive said it many times, but normally with more..."colorful" words around it.

Thanx for the help...Ill let yall know how it turns out!

-josh

Quick Reply: Question for the guru's