Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Keyless entry unlock/honk settings

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 04:16 AM
Barry KC
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Keyless entry unlock/honk settings

I have an '05 CTD. When getting out of the truck, I just push the lock button on the door. That takes care of the doors and NO horn! Then I use the remote for getting back in and just the lights flash. Every year this electronic "save us from all sins" garbage gets more ridiculous. Perhaps for 2008 they can put in a computer voice that reminds us to "wear clean underwear if you are planning a wreck!"

Old 05-20-2007, 04:22 AM
chukar
Rookie

I'll look in the manual again. It might have actually been a post on here, but I thought I remember it was in the manual. I'll check for sure.

Old 05-20-2007, 05:13 AM
chukar
Rookie

Yep. It was in the manual. It may be different in an 05 (I got an 06), but I would think it might be worth a try.

Enhanced Driver Seat Belt Reminder System (BeltAlert)

... The Ehnanced Warning System can be enable or disabled by your authorized dealer or by following these steps:

Note: The following steps must occur within the first 60 seconds of the ignition switch being turn to the ON or START position. DC does not recommend deactivating the Enhanced Warning System.

1. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position and buckle the driver's seat belt.

2. Start the engine and wait for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn off.

3. Within 60 seconds of starting the vehicle, unbuckle and the re-buckle the driver's seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending with the seat belt buckled.

4. Turn off the engine. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.

The Enhanced Warning System can be reactivated by repeating this procedure.

It also says that the light on the dash will remain on, but that annoying dinger is not supposed to come on anymore. Like I said earlier, I couldn't get it to work. Maybe it is the counting to three that gets me!

This was on pg 45 in the manual for my 2006 in the THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR VEHICLE section.

Good Luck.

Old 05-20-2007, 10:30 AM
Charles Darwin
Rookie

Many thanks for the research!
Appreciate it.

Quick Reply: Keyless entry unlock/honk settings