Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Juggling between a Motorcycle or a Cummins

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 05:41 PM
cumminalong
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Juggling between a Motorcycle or a Cummins

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

What's up with that rear rim? It looks kinda cool. Have you got a better pic of it?

I like the black dash too. First time I'm really noticing it.

Loose the reflectors on the forks. I actually pulled these off the first day I bought my bike.I don't know why, but they annoy the hell outta me.
The wheel is a stock wheel that comes on the Night Train. I couldn't justify $1k plus for a wheel that I already like.

The dash......that's all part of the Night Train scheme. Everything blacked out.

I have to keep the reflectors. I don't mind them really.Being in the military means I get checked every once in a while at the checkpoints. Besides, I help out with the motorcycle safety program on post and it wouldn't be a very good example to take off safety stuff. Hell, I always ride witha reflective vest, DOT helmet, gloves, long shirt, boots etc. Lookin' cool is one thing, making sure the other idiots on the road see you and, if they don't, you make it out is a whole different story.

I rip guys up that don't wear a helmet and drive like a-holes. 1 - It makes a hell off a mess to clean up and 2 - It's just dumb.

Old 05-23-2007, 07:09 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Do you have another pic of the rear wheel? It looks kinda cool, but hard to really see from that pic.

I'm thinking about blacking out my whole front end, and that dash I think would look cool too. Thanks for putting new ideas into my head .... [:@]

I wear a helmet, but I'll be perfectly honest, I aint always riding like I'm "Driving Miss Daisy"

Old 05-23-2007, 07:17 PM
sharx ram
Champion

Save your money !! ( give it to you rMom so that you won't spend it )

Don't rush into anything and YES, diesel WILL spike in the winter. At 16 I'd just get a beater car and drive it till the wheels fall off. Having a bike IS cool, but as far as chicks go you either have it or you don't. A bike will help, but it aint gonna get your noodle wet all by itself.
And we all know Mayfairs got it going on Come on Mayfair, show us your girls again...but hurry Iam about to go to lunch, and well you know...Id like to keep it down hehehe

Old 05-23-2007, 07:36 PM
cumminalong

Do you have another pic of the rear wheel? It looks kinda cool, but hard to really see from that pic.

I'm thinking about blacking out my whole front end, and that dash I think would look cool too. Thanks for putting new ideas into my head .... [:@]

I wear a helmet, but I'll be perfectly honest, I aint always riding like I'm "Driving Miss Daisy"

I'll go get another pic of the wheel for ya.

There was a Fat Boy on e-bay that had all the chrome powder coated shiny black. It was FRIGGIN SICK LOOKIN'. I about dropped a load in my pants when I saw it. The only chrome was the exhaust and the cooling fins. It was sweet.

Oh, I by no means ride like Mrs Daisy.......I'm talking about those $hit heads that think that they own the road and blast up on folks and roll like they just stole the damn thing.

Old 05-23-2007, 07:45 PM
cumminalong

Here ya go....
[IMG]local://upfiles/39492/B9EC686596274638BF1E85EB5E636AD9.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]local://upfiles/39492/6E9B6C525D5D40E8951330A2E820B347.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]local://upfiles/39492/891B35F06A7F4F788F40CC5FE8F054A3.jpg[/IMG]

Sorry......she was just hot and I wanted a pic of her on the bike.

[IMG]local://upfiles/39492/E6283BA3224140A9BBC877031A65DC08.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-23-2007, 08:30 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Those wheels ARE cool !!

At first i didn't like the Nightrains too much, but I think since they've added just a touch of chrome here and there they're growing on me.

Here's a pic of Perowitz's bike that is kinda inspiring me to go with the black front end. Of course, I'll be keeping the Ape Hangers and the bell though.

[IMG]local://upfiles/42139/5B9DC0B25969476689F1920737A738C2.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-23-2007, 09:47 PM
speakle
All Star

I had a bike when I was 17 and while it was a nice conversation piece it was a huge PITA. I had a job about 15 miles away from my house and had to go, rain or shine, hot or cold. I remember these HUGE gloves I had and when it was 30 degrees I would still get off feeling like I had frostbite. Rain is like being shot with one of those airsoft guns. Damn man, it must be nice to be stuck with such a decision at 16. I had my bike because its all I could afford (mostly insurance).

Old 05-24-2007, 02:29 AM
rangerman
Professional

I think I will go with a Cummins because it is not a disposable toy, it will actually last, I won't have to work on it much, and with stacks on, it will be plenty of a magnent for me. Thanks for all your suggestions.

Old 05-28-2007, 03:51 PM
02cummins
Captain

well ill tell ya man, i ride sport bikes, so i just got rid of my yamaha r1 just so i could get a cummins...haha i used to do wheelies in 4th gear at 120mph! so i dont know what type of bike u want but 180hp on a 385lb motorcycle is way more fun and adrenaline than u will ever get in a cummins, but the truck is way more useful...and is a totally different kind of fun. i was stupid on my bike and it had to go, so now i have my 02 2500 cummins, and i love it. plus i ride quads so i decided ill stick with the dirt...i ride a 2006 bill ballance yfz450 and let me tell you, it also hauls ***

Quick Reply: Juggling between a Motorcycle or a Cummins