Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Mag-hytec's in but what is up with this oil

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 09:56 PM
timesublime
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mag-hytec's in but what is up with this oil

Put both covers on today. Rear oil looked normal, but the front oil looks like coffee with lots of milk in it. The only thing I could think of is that someone left too much gear marking stuff in there.

[IMG]local://upfiles/26067/D1CA1DEC46814186AFEAC305A0E16BC5.gif[/IMG]

Old 05-26-2007, 10:13 PM
Wish4vip
Default RE: Mag-hytec's in but what is up with this oil

I looks to me like you went through some deep water and there is water mixed with your oil. Although, I could very well be wrong.

Old 05-26-2007, 10:25 PM
sharx ram
Champion

I think Wish is onto something, looks like water...

Old 05-26-2007, 10:39 PM
Wish4vip

Yeah if it is water that did that, be glad you got it out of there!

Old 05-27-2007, 02:02 AM
Ben D.
Champion

take er back to the dealer becuz i doubt u did go through any deep water so my suggestion is take it back have them look at it that way it's documented. I'm at a loss as too what it coudl be. Not to many guys take these 40k plus trucks offroading so hwo you got water is a mystery to me.

Old 05-27-2007, 02:12 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that right there is water mixed into the oil. . .check your vent tubes, worst case your wheel seals coule be blown and you dont know it.

Old 05-27-2007, 03:09 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

ORIGINAL: Ben D.

take er back to the dealer becuz i doubt u did go through any deep water so my suggestion is take it back have them look at it that way it's documented. I'm at a loss as too what it coudl be. Not to many guys take these 40k plus trucks offroading so hwo you got water is a mystery to me.
Took mine through some water. pulled two other vehicles out that could not make it. that was a week after I had it.

Old 05-27-2007, 03:18 AM
timesublime
Veteran

Hey, there is no chance of water, the fluid is really chaulky. I would not have posted if it was the snot looking water scum. To be honest, it looks like a bowl of milk after you eat the fruity pebbles, that nasty blue color. Also when I cleaned the housing it seems to me like a marking crayon might have been in there, little specs of white goo.

Old 05-27-2007, 05:33 AM
Wish4vip

ORIGINAL: timesublime

Hey, there is no chance of water, the fluid is really chaulky. I would not have posted if it was the snot looking water scum. To be honest, it looks like a bowl of milk after you eat the fruity pebbles, that nasty blue color. Also when I cleaned the housing it seems to me like a marking crayon might have been in there, little specs of white goo.
Wow that is really strange. My bad. If it was a marking crayon I'm just wonding how it could have effected the oil in such a drastic way. I mean, a little marking shouldn't leave such great amount of residue....you would think!

I just saw that you have an 07 with 6.7. I say it's dealer time! Try to have them change all the seals and not just the fluid. What ever it is, it could have affected your seals, and Drew already said.

Did you find any metal particals in it too? I can't imagine that it was lubricating as desired either.

Old 05-27-2007, 12:56 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

ORIGINAL: Wish4vip

ORIGINAL: timesublime

Wow that is really strange. My bad. If it was a marking crayon I'm just wonding how it could have effected the oil in such a drastic way. I mean, a little marking shouldn't leave such great amount of residue....you would think!

I just saw that you have an 07 with 6.7. I say it's dealer time! Try to have them change all the seals and not just the fluid. What ever it is, it could have affected your seals, and Drew already said.

Did you find any metal particals in it too? I can't imagine that it was lubricating as desired either.
2007 take t to the dealer immediately, they need to do everything on warruntee while it is on warruntee because they will try to get out o feverything they can.

Quick Reply: Mag-hytec's in but what is up with this oil