Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

My new dodge

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 02:28 PM
Mayfair
Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My new dodge

ORIGINAL: speakle
My only reservation is backing in my trailer for work sometimes 3-4 times a day. It is onlya 5x10 cargo trailer but its still backing a trailer sometimes in veyr tight spots.
I hear ya.

I think backing the little trailers up is actually harder to do than the bigger ones. They just wanna kink right up.

Old 06-05-2007, 02:30 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: roadrnnr

the Thunder Road package.
Oh yeah ... can you elaborate on that package a bit?
What is it?

I just saw one for the very first time 2 weeks ago and I thought the guy put the letters on there hmself because I never heard anyone mention it before. What's it all about?

Old 06-05-2007, 06:39 PM
speakle
All Star

The thunder road package could be a few combination of features just like the big horn package. If you look at dodge's website there are about 4 different TR packages as well as BH packages. Well, I am leaving in a few minutes to go to the stealership. I refuse to bend over and take it up the chute this time, I am standing pretty firm on 34k for their truck and I want 27500 for mine (blue book). I am going to have a hard time getting that much for my truck but I will try. I just realized how much of a threadjacker I am, sorry.[:@]

Old 06-05-2007, 07:04 PM
Mayfair
Legend

I am leaving in a few minutes to go to the stealership. I refuse to bend over and take it up the chute this time
Best of luck to ya brotha !!!

Don't let em get ya all turned around !!

Old 06-06-2007, 02:20 AM
speakle
All Star

I will not be going to anymore stealerships.[:@]

Old 06-06-2007, 02:30 AM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

I am leaving in a few minutes to go to the stealership. I refuse to bend over and take it up the chute this time
Best of luck to ya brotha !!!

Don't let em get ya all turned around !!

that is possibly one of the most disguisting pictures of seen in a while!

Old 06-06-2007, 03:16 AM
Mayfair
Legend

I will not be going to anymore stealerships.[:@]
What happened ??

Old 06-06-2007, 11:21 AM
speakle
All Star

First off the guy spent about an hour doing paperwork before even discussing numbers after I test drove the one I wanted. I tell him I want $27500 for my truck and I will give him $33800 for his (there is a guy selling the same truck on ebay for this amount). I tell him I have a deal in N.C. but would like to keep my buisness local so he goes off for a couple of minutes and comes back with something like $39375 on his truck. I was like, dude, did you not hear me? You didnt even attempt to work with me. Basically he took is STICKER price and deducted the rebate from dodge and wouldnt budge. He then starts telling me that I am not a loyal customer because I have my financing set up already elsewhere (black check type thing) and he would like me to finance through them (even though no deal was made). When asked what benefit there was to me he looked like he was suddenly labotamized and brought up the loyalty thing again. I asked him if buying 2 brand new trucks in less than a year was loyolty enough and he said "not really". At this point he tells me I would only have to finance around $17k, and then I spent about 10 minutes trying to explain to this guy who seemed to have about a 3rd grade education that if I currently owe $25k on my truck I cant get into a truck that costs considerably more than mine and only finance $17k. He then tells me that numbers dont lie and showed me on the calculator so I said ok, get the paperwork and I will write you a check for $17k+TT&L right now. His face lit up and finally the idiot realized I had been right the whole time, at this point I basically told him we would never meet at any reasonable ground and walked out. I didnt expect to get the truck at $33800 (it was a big horn 4x4 qc) but damn, work with me some how and dont insult my intelligence. I did learn one thing, I will ALWAYS have my financing set up before I buy a new car, it took out the whole "welll how much do you want to pay every month?" crap and really seemed to trouble this jackass which made me happy. In fact I think we spent mroe time with him asking me how much I was approved me and me saying more than I will spend anyway than anything else. There were some used trucks I had been looking at I will continue to pursue.

Old 06-06-2007, 11:36 AM
roadrnnr
Rookie

Can you sell your truck yourself and have no trade? I always find you can make a much better deal without a trade in.

Old 06-06-2007, 02:34 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Damn Speak ... did you try to go over this idiots head? I would have spent about 3 minutes with this fool before I would have gotten up and asked someone else to help me. Eff that guy !!

Quick Reply: My new dodge