Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Anyone spray in their own bed liner?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 02:46 PM
02cummins
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone spray in their own bed liner?

well my buddy just did his superduty with that dupont do it yourself, you scuff down the panel you want and paint it on with a roller, then go over it ith a texture brush to make it have that texture, and it dries very fast and looks good...it doesnt seem rubbery it seems more hard. and i thinkit was only like $60, again he didnt do his bed so durability i dont know about to well, seems pretty tough he did his rocker panels which i plan on doin to my truck. either way it was cheap and looks good and seems tough, its made by DUPONT and in my opinion they make good stuff

Old 09-18-2007, 02:48 PM
Deleted User
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 09-18-2007, 10:42 PM
Stang_luvr
Rookie

I just bought my truck 1 month ago...and searched hi and low for a vortex dealer....gals and guys (yes ladies I do know you're here) we all have our preferences based on what we've had installed on other vehicles....I can say that from what I've seen when the 3 major (in my opinion...Line-x, Rhino, and Vortex) are tested side by side the Vortex is by far the best. I had the Rhino in my F-250 before it went down the road due to turbo problems....I used it to haul pallets of stone and yards of topsoil/abc run gravel...it did knick up from the shovel, and did hold up well to the pallets being slid in....but when my brother had his installed in his '05 2500 QC LB...the installer took samples of all three and dropped them into gasoline and diesel fuel....the line-x became plyable....the rhino could be stretched...the vortex never changed it's texture/consitency....His truck has been through a major flood (45 inches of water in his garage..which was downstream from 2 failed sewer treatment plants and a chemical company that got flooded) and he hauls campers for a living with a 100 gallon diesel fuel tank in the bed plus a 5th wheel/gooseneck combo hitch...he's constantly throwing his drop hitches into the bed and it still looks as good as the day he had it installed...

If you can find a Vortex dealer that would be my suggestion...It my $.02 that they have the best product on the market and the price in NC was comparable to that of Rhino and Line-x.

Darryn

Old 09-19-2007, 08:05 AM
CowboyBob
Record Breaker

Does anyone make a spray in liner that can be colored like paint? Say to match the color of your truck, instead of just black? I want to do this to my truck, but I have a 100 gallon tank in the bed and I'm affraid that if I fill it to the top, it will spill over from fuel expansion (yes it has already done this once and the bed and tank are white).

Old 09-19-2007, 08:12 AM
cujo
Captain

You can match Line-X to your truck color, but from what I understand it's expensive to add color. Not to mention the color/material probably is going to age differently. I think white has a tendency to yellow over time. I think Drew has the bottom part of his truck done Line-X matched to his color.

Old 09-19-2007, 09:23 AM
Deleted User
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 09-05-2008, 02:28 PM
osa
Default I think you just fell for a bait and switch dude...

Originally Posted by Stang_luvr
I just bought my truck 1 month ago...and searched hi and low for a vortex dealer....gals and guys (yes ladies I do know you're here) we all have our preferences based on what we've had installed on other vehicles....I can say that from what I've seen when the 3 major (in my opinion...Line-x, Rhino, and Vortex) are tested side by side the Vortex is by far the best. I had the Rhino in my F-250 before it went down the road due to turbo problems....I used it to haul pallets of stone and yards of topsoil/abc run gravel...it did knick up from the shovel, and did hold up well to the pallets being slid in....but when my brother had his installed in his '05 2500 QC LB...the installer took samples of all three and dropped them into gasoline and diesel fuel....the line-x became plyable....the rhino could be stretched...the vortex never changed it's texture/consitency....His truck has been through a major flood (45 inches of water in his garage..which was downstream from 2 failed sewer treatment plants and a chemical company that got flooded) and he hauls campers for a living with a 100 gallon diesel fuel tank in the bed plus a 5th wheel/gooseneck combo hitch...he's constantly throwing his drop hitches into the bed and it still looks as good as the day he had it installed...

If you can find a Vortex dealer that would be my suggestion...It my $.02 that they have the best product on the market and the price in NC was comparable to that of Rhino and Line-x.

Darryn

Unless you brought that piece of Line-x in with you from a Line-x dealer I would never beleieve the dealer comparison especially that kind of comparison. Besides where would he have gotten Line-x from anyway... The only reason I went with with Line-x over Rhino was it was harder but I stuck with those two major brands becasue they are the only two with Nation wide warranties.... The rest just dont have the yes they have lifetime or usually have lifetime against somthing but not Nationwide lifetime warranties against chalking and chipping which line-x and Rhino both do..... But I would never trust any dealer that does a bait a switch unless I brought the products in myself for test or unless it was a published national test on a website by a independent lab.... Shoot he could have just found anyones off ratio liner and told you it was Line-x just to get the sale... It could have even been one of his that he tore out or shot his self...

Always watch out for snakes and stick with names you know and get warranties in writing if they wont put it in writing walk away.... If they dont post it on their website be concerned....

Quick Reply: Anyone spray in their own bed liner?