Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Photos of my DRC Produced KORE Desert Assault Vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 12:24 AM
Zzyzx313
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Photos of my DRC Produced KORE Desert Assault Vehicle

Thanks for the comments guys.

I got the rear lights in today. I'll hyperlink them since they're pretty big.
http://www.citlink.net/~boehm/Dodge/DRC70.jpg
http://www.citlink.net/~boehm/Dodge/DRC71.jpg
http://www.citlink.net/~boehm/Dodge/DRC72.jpg
http://www.citlink.net/~boehm/Dodge/DRC73.jpg

The tail lights were a PITA to install. I had to cut out part of the inner bed frame to make them fit. The wiring harness where the back-up light bulb fits into the light nacell didn't have anywhere near enough room to clear when seated against the housing.
So out came the tools. I chopped out the offending section of bed and make the wiring harness hole that was round look like a keyhole. I split it down the sides, and beat it in with a hammer and punch to reduce sharp edges. Then I grinded the edges and hit it with a file. Then I covered the edges with some electrical tape.
The fit of the tail lights in these Ram trucks is dog****. When you hear people going on about how manufacturer engineers are the best in the world with their nearly unlimited T&D funding, you have to wonder why these lights are supported by 2 mickey mouse screws on one edge, and 2 posts sort of seat into the fender.
So much for drop in installation. Turned into an hour and a half play date in the Arizona sun.

However, they look great. They also work well surprisingly. The LED's are visibly faster than the regular bulb lighting. I don't know how to describe it, but they seem to respond quicker to braking or blinkering.

The 3rd brake light was a snap. Had that done in about 30 seconds.

My next adventure into lighting will be spendy. The plan is to install four 8" Soltek's on the DRC light bar. Then 2 Soltek 4" floods where the factory fogs go. This may change though, because I may loose this bumper if I can find one I like that provides better aproach angles. I don't want a big heavy donkey dick bumper though.
Then I'll convert the regular headlights to HID's.

The bed net is temporary until I get my tire carrier put together. Right now I have 4 ratcheting tie downs holding my spare down. Two are to the frame behind the rear bumper, and two are to the rear tie down points on the bed. They're tight enough you could play a tune on the straps.

I'm in the process of painting the rear of the inner front fenders with Herculiner after I finish up all my sanding. I had to heavily modify this area to prevent any rubbing. The white isn't bondo or anything weak like that. It is PC-11 which is like JB weld. It's very easy to work with, and very tough. It's been taking me a while to do, since it takes a lot of motivation to make me go outside during the arizona heat.
Part of my future modifications that I'm considering may increase overall articulation. So I'm concerned that I may not have cut far enough back.

I had this truck out in the mud a few weeks ago during a recent rain storm we got here in Arizona. This truck handles better in the mud then it does in the dry dirt. We were moshing it through arroyos at 50mph. The rear only slipped out behind me once, when I had to avoid some road debris. Even then, it was controlled.
My passenger thought there was no way we'd make it to the top of a very steep 4 wheeler trail up the side of a hill. I threw it in 4 low with the front locker engaged, and it plowed right up it. I was even going slow near the top since it narrowed tightly and I didn't know what was on the other side.

Tomorrow I take the truck to the stealership and get some minor issues fixed that have broken on the Ram. Such as one of the seat belts, the leather cover on the passenger seat, my 6 disc changer broke.
Now I have another issue, one of the controls for the driver side seat doesn't work anymore. I think the gear is stripped. I need these seats in good shape when I rip them out and install racing seats, so I can sell them. :P

I lurk on the site more than post. What's entailed in this totm thing?

-Steve

Quick Reply: Photos of my DRC Produced KORE Desert Assault Vehicle