Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Chevy HD's have IFS hahahahhaha

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 01:50 AM
savage.basher
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Chevy HD's have IFS hahahahhaha

the first video (of the puller) is hilarious, I could watch it over and over. Here at the jersey county fair truck pulls it is dodge at the top of every category. I even saw a 4x4 dakota enter in the half ton category couple of years ago and he out pulled over half of all the half tons. I love when axles brake, and the the crowd goes... oooo, ahhhhh!!!

Old 06-26-2007, 05:12 PM
rumpumpkin
Rookie

Good timing for me on this thread, asI'm currently researching HD trucks, and keep going back and forth between GMC (I also think the Chevy is fugly) and Dodge. My last truck was a '95 Chevy 2500, 4x4, 5.7L, lifted, etc. I did in fact have to replace a CV joint at about 90K miles. I also feel that a HD truck should be just that. So, ride-quality is not an advantage to me. But many people do consider the ride quality of the Chevy to be a major advantage.

The Dodge is also about $800 - $1k less expensive to liftand will fit 37's versus the 35's on the GM. This is comparing lifts in the 6" range.

Old 06-26-2007, 05:46 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: rumpumpkin

Good timing for me on this thread, asI'm currently researching HD trucks, and keep going back and forth between GMC and Dodge.
Mapquest your AZZ on over to your local Dodge dealer and don't look back !!

Old 06-26-2007, 06:47 PM
Ben D.
Champion

ORIGINAL: dieselram

ORIGINAL: Ben D.

Ok guys so I bought a "diesel world" mag the other day becuz on the cover it read "1000 hp and 2000 lb ft 5.9 Cummins" I read that article it wsa sweet. then there was a huge article about a huge diesel show. truck pulls drag races. dyno's you name it. I see in many pictures these chevy and gmc's with a ifs which looks ever so fruity escpecially when it was lifted. I never new that they used IFS on the hd's especially one with a diesel. I mean wtf. I thought that chevy and the duramax was trash before this but now i'm just blown away with this. Honestly IFS good god almighty. that's so stupid on a HD truck. I mean mebbe a half ton becuase ride comfort is more a factor but in a heavy duty I want a beast of a engine. big tires. beastly wheels beastly axles. I don't want some lil IFS. O and there was a pic of one runnin down the track with both tires pointed at each other after the ifs took a dump. I guess this is just one more reason why dodge is just that damn good.
Just on a side note,were youreading Diesel Power magazine? I saw a toe'd Chevy in a sled pulling event in their recent July issue.
no it's diesel world but I do read diesel power too. I havn't gotten there july issue but it's possible that they both have articles on the same event . the truck in mine is a greenish black with the big chevy cab. Crew cab they call it. the full four door one. it's lifted and has a vanity plate on the front that says "MYKEZ4x"

Trauts lol. I don't really pay attention to GMC and chevy much. after my dad owned one of the gmc half tons that blew a rear ten miles down the road from the dealer. Now he drives a dodge ram and has never looked back. Not to mention he loves his dodge more than anything. and i thought that it would be a standard thing to run live axles on all heavy duty trucks just for the added strenght. I guess not lol.

o and rum not only is IFS fruity but so is the japanese made duramax diesel. all aluminum is a big no no with diesel. get a dodge don't look back.

Old 06-26-2007, 11:13 PM
bigp38

i had a jeep liberty diesel before this truck i will never buy another ifs inferior front suspension what happens is when you spin the front tires and they catch the center section breaks if i want ride quality i would have bought a car

Old 06-27-2007, 03:57 AM
Ramman18
Champion
Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts

Not to bust chops, or give props to Chevy, but the Duramax is not all-aluminum. Only the heads and intake manifold are. Cast iron block like everyone else.
http://www.reliableplant.com/article.asp?articleid=6241

Oh, and Chevy beat Dodge to the light duty diesel. Look at the power numbers!!!
[/align]http://www.biodieselnow.com/blogs/tr...ax-diesel.aspx

Old 06-27-2007, 11:22 AM
Joel_MD
Captain

Why doesn't DC get Cummins to build a modern 4BT engine for the 1500 and Dakota? I think it would sell like hotcakes!

Old 06-27-2007, 12:00 PM
Tommygunz
Record Breaker

There is a light duty diesel going into the new Grand Cherokees and I beleive they are still going in the Liberty's. Wouldn't be all that hard for Chrysler to redo some motor mounts for the Dak and Wrangler as well.

Old 06-27-2007, 02:27 PM
bksram3500
Record Breaker

This is about the cummins light duty diesels I dont think the liberty has a cummins.
http://list.priceweber.com/cummins/t...ty_diesel.html

Old 06-27-2007, 03:47 PM
rumpumpkin
Rookie

Uh oh, looks like I run the risk of beingfruity and un-patriotic...lol. Actually, the main reason I'm considering the GMC is due to the slightly larger rear seat. I have 3 kids, so backseat comfort while seating 3 across the back is a major concern. I've test drove the Mega cab, but deemed it just too darn ungainly for everyday driving. Plus, I'm a little concerned about the A/C issues that have been cropping up. I love the quad cab, but not sure if I might have a mutiny on my hands during long trips. Kids are only 8, and 5 (twins) so maybe this really won't be an issue for quite some time.

I saw that same pic in that diesel magazine. I've also noticed that Dodge tops most of the winners' lists on dynos and pulling. Met a guy this past weekend at Pismo Beach in CA who has a Dodge with 350k + miles. Uses it to deliver trailers cross-country.

Quick Reply: Chevy HD's have IFS hahahahhaha