Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Hows your rust ? 06 seeing it in 2 months

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 02:19 PM
RamQuadHD
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hows your rust ? 06 seeing it in 2 months

I bought my White 06 on October 05 and I was using those magnetic signs to advertise my business(instead of graphics permanently attached). One day in the spring of 06 I took the signs off to wash the truck. As I was rinsing it up I've noticed some really tiny rust spots right in the squares where I usually attach the magnetic signs(rear doors and tailgate). I thought it is just from the water that gets stuck between the magnet and the truck body. But as time went by and after many other washes, I've noticed that the tiny red spots kinda spread all over the truck like some disease. Went to the dealer and asked for a warranty fix (truck was under 36k). They said that the spots had to be waaay bigger than they are now and warranty won't do anything for now. Is any of you out there with a white truck and having the same problem? Let me know.

Old 06-30-2007, 05:37 PM
wingit
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hows your rust ? 06 seeing it in 2 months

At the self car wash, I have always gone to the wax cycle soon as possible outside and under the truck.Besides under the door lips, I had no problem in 10 years with the 98, and it looked as good as the new 06 when I sold it.. " RamQuadHD I would be Pissed if I were you..." you need some backup.

[IMG]local://upfiles/59159/44DBD810D80746C5BFD98AFF761BFDAC.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Hows your rust ? 06 seeing it in 2 months