Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Straight from the mouth of a Duramax owner!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 02:03 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Straight from the mouth of a Duramax owner!

I think the only difference betwen the 48RE and the 68RE would be the computer programming, and possably a new drive shaft. since the G56 bolts up to the back of the 5.9 and the 6.7L I doubt the bolt location has changed.

Old 07-06-2007, 07:28 PM
speakle
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bigriver

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

You already put a brand new tranny in your brand new rig? [:-]
Remember now, ya can't steal it, but ya can still come on down with some forum riders for Mardi Gras and drive it like ya stole it!

I am not far from you, I may take you up on that!!

Old 07-06-2007, 07:38 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

BigRiver, you may have just bought yourself a bunch of visiters for Mardi Gras! I always wanted to go for MG but I can never find anyone who wants to go with. I learned a long time ago to visit cities with a local so you get the best possible visit. Mayfair, guys...... ROAD TRIP!

Old 07-06-2007, 08:54 PM
Bigriver

I remembered seeing the pan, but I never put 2+2 together and realized that the pan was attached to a new tranny. I remembered saying to myself " DAMN .... Dodge is painting their tranny's now "?

Soooooo .... how much room do you have at your crib for the Mardi Gras festivities ??
BigRiver, you may have just bought yourself a bunch of visiters for Mardi Gras! I always wanted to go for MG but I can never find anyone who wants to go with. I learned a long time ago to visit cities with a local so you get the best possible visit. Mayfair, guys...... ROAD TRIP!
Sure Guys, so.........whats that ole fart Bob Barker from the Price is Right say.........COME ON DOWN! I've lived here in New Orleans most of my life and have become burnt out on Mardi Gas and the Jazz Fest, but I get a kick out of having out of town friends experience it for the first time. Below are a few pic's of what to expect. Also, check out the link, gives ya a hint to what's it about. http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/video/index.ssf?Endymion Some Girls on the parade route One of the "local" indians? Is that an alien on that bicycle? Just some friendly folks enjoying the moment. One of the many parade floats. Bourbon Street Another view of Bourbon Street. Some of the girls on Bourbon Street. But a word of CAUTION.........Things are not always what the seem to be, .............Are you paying attention MAYFAIR............Don't want ya making a dreadful mistake Buddy.........yahoo

Old 07-06-2007, 09:34 PM
Super Dave
Veteran

Mardi Gras is a blast, but New Orleans is a good time any time of year. I really enjoy Bourbon Street even in the summer in the middle of the week. It doesn't matter when you go, you'll have a good time. Just be sure to have a couple hurricanes at Pat O'brian's[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 07-06-2007, 11:27 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Big Riv .... everything was answered except thebig question ..... How much room have you got ???

I suppose we could all crash out in that cool 5th of yours !!

Old 07-07-2007, 12:39 AM
Bigriver

Big Riv .... everything was answered except thebig question ..... How much room have you got ???

I suppose we could all crash out in that cool 5th of yours !!

Well, I've got to fess up........Mardi Gras weekend I'm evacuating New Orleans, heading to Orlando to go hang with an ole' buddy of mine.( That's him below) We're draggin the 5'ver over there, but maybe ya'll can crash at my shack.

Old 07-07-2007, 01:24 AM
al5608
Professional

It's my understanding that the 68re is basically the same as the 48re trans. Just shift two more times to get milage back up due to the fuel eating emissionequipment on the 6.7. As far as it being any stronger. I was told it's not. Anyone know more about this?

Old 07-07-2007, 01:48 AM
Bigriver

al5608..........its been my experience that the 48RE is fine till you start adding serious HP, or towing heavy trailers. I happen to have been doing both, so the ATS upgrade was just the ticket. Man, the trans pulls like its a totally different system. Very impressive.........just idling in the driveway, and putting in gear, she'll roll out over 5 mph. I was a sceptic at first, but seeing is beleiving. There's nothing wrong with the 48RE's, just give em to ATS or any other major shop to fix em up.

Old 07-07-2007, 01:54 AM
Mayfair
Legend

What did that job set you back River ?

Quick Reply: Straight from the mouth of a Duramax owner!