Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Got stuck bad

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 01:28 AM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Got stuck bad

Jimmy

you do realize that I am 30 minutes (ok 15 minif I speed) from PIR !!

I would a pulled you out with my 1959 baja!!! (since the fi pump is crappin out on the ctd [:@])

Old 07-08-2007, 10:23 AM
kg1687
Veteran

My friend got his dodge stuck up to the mirrors in the mud, I had my truck stuck in the river for a night until we could call a construction company to bring a bull dozer and pull me out. And I got stuck in the sand once too. A chevy tried, couldn't and he left and after some digging and my buddy pulling up in his 03 dodge, got out nice and fancy. I think gravel is worse than sand though, because it seems like it's quicker to move out underneath you and then it's harder to move, and it sets better. Sand just kinda bury's you and you can't get traction, especially if it has rained in the past couple of days.

Old 07-08-2007, 10:23 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

ORIGINAL: steve05ram360

oh man that sucks... did you air down the tires at all? what kind of tires do you have on there? also, did you get it fired back up w/o the sand in the airbox?
I aired down the rear tires to 20psi and the fronts to 25 psi, I have bfg at ko's I really never had a problem in sand except in my old 1990 toyota that while wheelin I snapped the front pinion gear and the mud terrains I had just dug and buried the back, That day I was saved by a 1500 ram. I got most of the sand out of the air box and put a new filter in before starting it. today I am going to go clean the engine complartment and check everything out. vacum the air box and put yet another new filter.

Old 07-08-2007, 10:44 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

ORIGINAL: bajafun

Jimmy

you do realize that I am 30 minutes (ok 15 minif I speed) from PIR !!

I would a pulled you out with my 1959 baja!!! (since the fi pump is crappin out on the ctd [:@])
If I had yours and sharx phone numbers would have called, however I did attempt to use smoke signals no one came to rescue me. Had to call the other side and watch them atttempt it a few times before actually getting me out.

Quick Reply: Got stuck bad