Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Got stuck bad

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 10:05 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got stuck bad

So today I went off roading a little bit by the Phoenix International Raceway. I was just bs'ing a little bit when some guy approaches me on foot. In spanish asked me to help him out he was stuck. I went and he had a car front wheel drive nothing special stuck, out side was his pregnant wife and 3 year old child in the heat at 110 degree's. I had him loop my strap around his back axle and proceeded to pull him slowly looking for a spot to get him out, after about a good block or two of circling I went through some soft sand and because I was trying to take it easy on there axle I was just driving slow, I got stuck. my front tires were buried so deep that you can only see the top two inches, the back tires were almost as bad, needless to say I was stuck which was embarrassing since my license plate reads YRUSTUK. I called my wifes cousin that has a lifted chevy 1500 (real high) I called him and he was on his way, in the mean time a 1990 4 runner was putting around. he wanted to try to pull me out, 5 attempts and nothing, did not even budge. my wifes cousin got there and tried a few times and could not budge me. finally both had strapped up and jerked me out. I was unable to help them because my truck had been trying itself and I had literally filled up the airbox with sand and clogged the filter beyond belief. I had to have my wifes cousin take me to Checker auto parts and bought two air filters ( over 40 bucks ) and then take me back. If I had sharx number I would have called him that way I would not have had to beg a Chevy to pull me out. I unfortunatly did not have a camera with me as this was not expected. I think I am going to have to invest in some lockers and a new set of tires. I will accept any heckling you can throw at me for having a toyota and a chevy pull me out.

Old 07-07-2007, 10:22 PM
moconst
Veteran
Default RE: Got stuck bad

Go sit in the corner and take a time out [sm=owned.gif]

Old 07-07-2007, 10:23 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

How long?

Old 07-07-2007, 10:25 PM
jakebrake
Champion

How long were you stuck? thats how long!!!

Old 07-07-2007, 10:26 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

I will be there for a couple hours. I have already decided to punish myself and drive the mini van for a week. No truck for me.

Old 07-07-2007, 10:28 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

no flame here. which would you rather be... pulled out by toyo, or still stuck.
i put a powertrax noslip in mine. very effective. nice diy and works good for moderate tires and stock hp. (not recommended for racing, high hp, etc.)

Old 07-07-2007, 10:30 PM
sharx ram
Champion

Why did you call a Chevy, if you had called me it could have been our little secret, of course I never would have let you live it down...but Im sure you already knew that and thats why you called the Chevy. [8D]

Old 07-07-2007, 10:31 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

Dont have your number Sharx.... Btw Jake and I are having a bar-b-que, you are the guest of honor, you can bring any high school friends you want.

Old 07-07-2007, 10:45 PM
usafr
All Star

I've never been stuck that bad myself,,, but I've been going through the woods when I had my Yamaha 600 and found guys that had been stuck for a while. When ur in that kinda spot,, you really dont care who pulls u out or with what [8D], lol. Sounds like the guy with the prego wife didn't mind too much either. I think driving the minivan for a week will be punishment enough. Hell,, I've been driving my wifes Honda Accord alot lately,, well,, b/c it's so quiet,,lol. It has a sunroof too and I look good in it,, of course Ilook alot better and get alot more looks in the truck.

Old 07-07-2007, 10:47 PM
speakle
All Star

They had to team up to get you out, dont sweat it! Neither had the power to do it alone.

Quick Reply: Got stuck bad