Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Exhaust SOUNDS

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 09:06 PM
Sereguial
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust SOUNDS

I am looking at changing the exhaust (as I am sure others are), and have no idea where to go. Since "too loud" is subjective, and sound is so subjective all around, maybe we could do a post of exhaust sounds???? I am not computer illiterate, but definately not a technical marvel when it comes to video, sound, or pictures. And I have seen some pretty good photoshops andvideo editing here so far! So if someone has an idea of how to get exhaust sounds (maybe some sort of "standard") that would be great! This way instead of a "what exhaust do I do" with every newbie (myself included) maybe there would be a post of just video or audio files of different setups. (who knows maybe we could do a "DF X-mas" song with the exhaust sounds....)
Just an idea, let me know what you guys think.
(my overall goal is to help people decide what size to go with 4" or 5", muffler or straight, this brand or that of muffler)
Thanks guys!

Old 07-10-2007, 09:19 PM
savage.basher
Default RE: Exhaust SOUNDS

Welcome to the DF man!!! Try looking on www.youtube.com , you can usually find a video(sound) of anything you can think of. I would post sound if I new how??

Old 07-10-2007, 09:21 PM
firemansdodge
Professional

If there is a way to use my cell phones video and post it on here. Let you here what a 4" S/S Banks Exhuast sounds like.

Old 07-10-2007, 09:28 PM
savage.basher

It is really cheap to justdo a muffler and cat delete ($65 is what I paid), maybe you should start there. If that doesn't sound good to you, then you could go ahead and spend more for a real aftermarket exhaust setup. Whatkindatruck you got??

Old 07-10-2007, 09:31 PM
UpBranchLiner

Where's the AERO PIMP at? Id like to hear a clip of Mayfair's truck.

Old 07-10-2007, 09:38 PM
sharx ram
Champion

I can help Friday after I get my 5" dual stacks on without the muffler and cat
I will let ya know

Old 07-10-2007, 10:10 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

to be honest, i dont think the sound would be an accurate way of judging the sound. you tube has a few listed but when i heard straight pipes on youtube i liked the sound and when i put them on my truck it was WAY to loud. i would do as savage stated with the muffler/cat delete and go from there. i run an 4" aero xl on my truck along with another 24" muffler from borla all straight thru design.... it sounds awsome! its not to loud like straight pipes and its louder sounded than stock (boy do they send them from the factory quite!). also on subject when i bought pipes for my motorcycle last summer i bought them online. they had preveiws of what all the exhaust sounds like and out of about 5 they all sounded pretty much alike. when mine came they sounded nothing like the preveiw and now that i hear others on the road there are HUGE diffrences! thats just my opinion..... goodluck with the choice on pipes!

Old 07-10-2007, 10:39 PM
cmnspwr
Veteran

Here are some videos of my truck with a Silverline 4". The "in your face" videos were about half throttle. About 2100 RPM and up sound nice and deep. At idle it sounds about like stock with the windows up and not loud at all on the highway. I haven't heard any drone either.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?Se...ins&t=tvid

Old 07-10-2007, 10:48 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

sweet truck cmnspwr!

Old 07-10-2007, 10:49 PM
cmnspwr
Veteran