Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

First part of my weekend projects

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 01:13 PM
aka_chewy
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First part of my weekend projects

First part was getting my sub installed. I built a box for the center console storage area. I kept the stock head unit and it sounds decent, but not nearly as good as an aftermarket head unit. Here is a pic of it installed. If any one else is interested in the setup, I have some pics, just let me know.

Going to start the second project now. First going to wash and wax it, then do a partial debadge. Only problem is it's really nice out and the lake is calling my name. We'll see what happens.

Old 07-15-2007, 01:18 PM
speakle
All Star
Default RE: First part of my weekend projects

Must be a shallow sub? Nice looking install.

Old 07-15-2007, 01:23 PM
aka_chewy
All Star

It's a normal 10" sub. I'm sure the optimal cubic feet (centermeters?) for the sub is bigger than that, but it's not too bad. As like most projects go, after doing it, there are a few minor things that I would have done differently, but overall, I'm pleased with it.....for now.

Here is a pic of the box.

Old 07-15-2007, 01:26 PM
squirtbottle09
Record Breaker

I dont think a 10w6v2 will fit in there will it?

Old 07-15-2007, 01:28 PM
speakle
All Star

I wish my g5 would fit under there! At almost 9" deep I dont think its an option. I made my custom fiberglass box for it that goes in the passenger side underseat storage area but I dont want to give up my fold flat storage in the new truck. Anyone need a box?

Old 07-15-2007, 01:37 PM
aka_chewy
All Star

What is that? This is all stuff that I have had for a long time. The subis a Pyramid 400W sub. I don't know much about the different car stereo stuff. I know how to install it, just not the technical side of it. The amp I am running is an 800W sony xplode, not exactly breaking the bank with that one, but it does the job for now.

Old 07-15-2007, 02:11 PM
cookie_monstr
Professional

ok..thats pretty bad *** set up. but an 8in sub would work better due to the amount of volume the box would have. im long over due to post up pic's of my set up. but im pushing 1000rms watts( constant amount of watts that are being pushed rather then max watts which is only for short burts of loundness) to two 8's. ill try to post up pics by tonight. but nice set up man.

Old 07-15-2007, 02:22 PM
squirtbottle09
Record Breaker

A 10w6v2 is made by JL Audio. It is a shallow mount sub, but I think it requires more air then that space allows. It is for my sons truck, when he gets it.

Old 07-15-2007, 02:23 PM
cookie_monstr
Professional

ORIGINAL: aka_chewy

What is that? This is all stuff that I have had for a long time. The subis a Pyramid 400W sub. I don't know much about the different car stereo stuff. I know how to install it, just not the technical side of it. The amp I am running is an 800W sony xplode, not exactly breaking the bank with that one, but it does the job for now.
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_subs.php?series_id=6
its one of those...read where its says Thermal Power Handeling...that refers to the rms.(constant which is 400watts)
i think they are over priced when u can get somthing that is cheaper and that hits harder
like these
http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/caraudio/w...p?series=3500e
read where it says specifications down the page. you will see this
Power Handling RMS/Music/Peak
the 1st num is the constant which is 1200watts
then go to
Woofer Diameter down the list. those are the sizes. 10-12-15-18. each sub is capable of withstanding all that power. just that size makes the diff in the amount of air(sound) that u will hear.
hope this helps.
oh one more thing..they are hand built and signed by the builder so if u get a crappy sub..they get in trouble.

Old 07-15-2007, 04:36 PM
aka_chewy
All Star

ok..thats pretty bad *** set up. but an 8in sub would work better due to the amount of volume the box would have. im long over due to post up pic's of my set up. but im pushing 1000rms watts( constant amount of watts that are being pushed rather then max watts which is only for short burts of loundness) to two 8's. ill try to post up pics by tonight. but nice set up man.
I do have an 8" rockford fosgate, no idea what model, I would have to find it. But you think the 8" would be a better choice huh? Would it be any louder? What would some of the differences be? I always have loved audio stuff, but never have taken the time to research and spend good money on it.

Thanks for the info

Quick Reply: First part of my weekend projects