Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Dumb nephew

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 05:01 PM
bksram3500
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dumb nephew

ORIGINAL: savage.basher

IMO over 60 years old and you should have to test yearly .
Watch out sharx they are trying to take away your drivers license.

Old 07-27-2007, 06:27 PM
Sereguial
Professional

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

My brother and I were just talking about this last night. We were reminising about our grade school days and how Mr. Moore would beat us with a 3" wide yardstick if we got outta hand, or he would make us stnd in front of the class with books in out arms if he only THOUGHT he smelled pot on you. Other teachers who would hit your hands with a ruler, on and on and on... I wish things were still that way.
I was a product of the school system that didn't allow a teacher to touch a student. Having said that my parents had no problems letting us know when we were wrong, with a good spanking, slap, or my Mom's favorite: pinch and hold... as hard and long as it took.
I agree with you in the sense that most kids just need a good smaking around every once in a while, including cumminnotstrokin's nephew! But, remembering the teachers I had I would not be ok with them disciplining my child, some of them were worse then the kids... maybe it is a product of the lowering standards on both sides of the schooling systems. I am not trying to be rude to any teachers out there, and I would love to let teachers punish my kid when she gets to that age, but I want to be kind of selective as to whom does so, and that would just be a pain administratively.
Anyhow, Cumminnotstrokin I hope you are doing everything in your power to make your nephew learn. If it were me I would have had him be there for all repairs, and help (tool b*tch). Also, don't forget your wife (not that it was her fault) but she needs to understand (much like all of us who drive diesels) to remind someone who we let borrow our truck (if anyone) to put DIESEL in it as the label on the damned fill up states!!! (going back to the f*d up school system... can't even read "Diesel fuel only")
I am glad to hear you got the truck back up and running. Good luck with the rest of the stuff.

Old 07-28-2007, 12:11 AM
ga_noplugs

ORIGINAL: savage.basher

IMO over 60 years old and you should have to test yearly .

aww, thats a bit harsh, Not everyone needs that,,, my dad was racing cars and getting speeding tickets at 72.....I hope Im half that energetic when I hit 72

Old 07-28-2007, 04:30 AM
savage.basher

aww, thats a bit harsh, Not everyone needs that,,, my dad was racing cars and getting speeding tickets at 72.....I hope Im half that energetic when I hit 72
I agree, not everyone needs that (My grandma just stop racing dirt oval track cars and she just turned 80), but just to be on the safe side they should all have to do it.... hey, if you can pass every year then you got nothing to worry about .

Seriously though, I didn't mean take the driving test every year, I just meant at least take the eye test part of it or something. My other grandma just got her's renewed like a few months ago and I think she said it is good for 5 years!! You know what can happen in five years... all kinds of crap, especially when you are that old!

Quick Reply: Dumb nephew