Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Dumb nephew

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 05:25 PM
bksram3500
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dumb nephew

I would have lost it. Only one other person drove my truck besides me and I was with him.

Old 07-26-2007, 07:45 PM
cptdarel

Oh Boy
I had a auto repair center for 23 years, auto body, mechanical, also a small service station, of corse there is nothing like new, it can be repaired but it has been compromised, all will be fine. BUT we also sold diesel at the station, being a small station we pumped the fuel at self serve price, I can't tell you how many customers vehicles our highly intelegent crew put gas in diesel cars and trucks, for a while i swear it was once a month[sm=smiley35.gif] anyway I got real good at cleaning the fuel system out and getting them back on the road. the truck will be fine. [sm=signs003.gif]

Old 07-26-2007, 10:47 PM
Cumminnotstrokin
Professional

Good news the truck is up and running AWESOME Mechanic However when I started it up it kinda sounded like a popcorn popper for about 15 seconds or so I guess some gas was in there, do you guys think that it damaged anything??? Now to the body work do you think I should make him rent a car until it is fixed or just car pool with the wife?? That would mean that I would have to get up 1 1/2 hours early until the truck got out of the shop

Old 07-27-2007, 05:13 AM
Cobra909

Man, sorry to hear about your truck. Some people just shouldn't be allowed to drive...Period! Maybe this will make you feel better.
My last 4 vehicles:
1 - 1985 Mustang GT, 2 mths old. BIL backs into the back of her and bust right taillight assy and bumper cover.

2- 1996 F-150, 9 mths old. Mother backing down the driveway, sideswipes my right rear qtr panel and bumper. Ask her what in the heck was she doing? "Looking at the goldfish pond" That she had just freakin walked by.

3- 2005 F-150 SuperCrew, waited to exit the local supermarket parking lot. Elderly gentleman in a '82 PU backing up an T-boned myright rear qtr panel

2 wks ago
4- 2007 Dodge Laramie 3500 QC 4x4 - 3 mths old. Dad's too weak to do his weedeating anymore, so I'm being the good son. Mom (again) is backing up to go to the store; Dad had to back out to let her out. There she goes backing up, Dad's laying on the horn, I look up, start screaming at the top of my 50 year old lungs.... and she finally stops 2 freaking feet away from T-boning my front right qtr panel. I'm tellin ya, I could not fit between the two vehicles.

I've said it in my 20's and I'm still saying it now, they ought to make it mandatory that EVERYBODY has to retest for your drivers license every 5-10 years.
Thanks for the rant[:@]

Old 07-27-2007, 12:07 PM
savage.basher

IMO over 60 years old and you should have to test yearly .

Old 07-27-2007, 01:17 PM
Ben D.
Champion

I believe my best story as far as anything bad happening to my vehicle is this. My 1997 Jeep wrangler. I love it to death but I do wanna sell for a CTD soon. At school in the parking lot right after school was let out. (my senior year , this happened about six months ago) this kid walks up to my jeep while i'm standing there trys to open the door. It's locked. I start to walk over to ask wtf are you doing and then he no friggin joke kicks my door. I immediately ran over tackled his azz and socked him in the face. Left a nice big old shiner on him. the next day I get called to the principals office. I figured this would happen since there were cameras in the parking lot. so i'm expecting to be suspended. (this would be my first and last time in the principals office since day 1 of high school) the principal asks me what happens I tell me story and then he tells me that they suspended the kid for kicking my door and they asked if I wanted to file vandalism charges. I ddin't because luckily no damage but it was just nice to see that our principal is more old school and believes in the eye for an eye policy.

Old 07-27-2007, 01:29 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Ben D.

I believe my best story as far as anything bad happening to my vehicle is this. My 1997 Jeep wrangler. I love it to death but I do wanna sell for a CTD soon. At school in the parking lot right after school was let out. (my senior year , this happened about six months ago) this kid walks up to my jeep while i'm standing there trys to open the door. It's locked. I start to walk over to ask wtf are you doing and then he no friggin joke kicks my door. I immediately ran over tackled his azz and socked him in the face. Left a nice big old shiner on him. the next day I get called to the principals office. I figured this would happen since there were cameras in the parking lot. so i'm expecting to be suspended. (this would be my first and last time in the principals office since day 1 of high school) the principal asks me what happens I tell me story and then he tells me that they suspended the kid for kicking my door and they asked if I wanted to file vandalism charges. I ddin't because luckily no damage but it was just nice to see that our principal is more old school and believes in the eye for an eye policy.
you dont see that any more. . .now a day the principle would have suspended you for hitting him. but then again the wussification of america started years ago when we were told we cannot defend yourselves. . .and then look at what the gov't does. . .I'm gunna stop

Old 07-27-2007, 01:38 PM
RamFreak
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Drew

you dont see that any more. . .now a day the principle would have suspended you for hitting him. but then again the wussification of america started years ago when we were told we cannot defend yourselves. . .and then look at what the gov't does. . .I'm gunna stop
Preach it Drew!! That bothers me so much "wussification of America" I heard on the radio that a few schools have banned kids playing TAG!!... Not because they might trip and fall or anything like that, it is because the kids that loose may suffer SELF ESTEEM issues[:@].

Old 07-27-2007, 01:53 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 07CTDPOWER

ORIGINAL: Drew

Preach it Drew!! That bothers me so much "wussification of America" I heard on the radio that a few schools have banned kids playing TAG!!... Not because they might trip and fall or anything like that, it is because the kids that loose may suffer SELF ESTEEM issues[:@].
hum. . .lets see if I can find some quotes that mean something. . .

"Americans will say nice things about freedom ... right up until the time that personal responsibility rears its ugly head."

"I do not want the government in my bedroom. The government is a pretty lousy lay, anyway; it wants to do all the screwing."

"Who in this audience likes the French? -- Raise your hand. Now, which ones of you ARE French? -- Raise your other hand!"

"The rich keep getting richer because they keep doing the things that make them rich. Ditto for the poor."

"I really don’t care how hard it is to raise a family on minimum wage. Fact is, if you’re not bright enough
to earn more than the minimum wage you’re damned sure not smart enough to be having children."

"A new Gallup poll says that 4 in 10 Americans admit being prejudiced toward Muslims. Gee, I wonder why?"

"The natural fallback position of any liberal that doesn't agree with you is to call you a ****."

"Letting welfare recipients vote is like letting the inmates run the asylum."

"Government schools are to ignorance what fast food is to obesity."

"If you can't afford to educate your child, put a bungee cord around your knees."

yea, I'm feeling a little frisky today[sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 07-27-2007, 02:09 PM
Mayfair
Legend

My brother and I were just talking about this last night. We were reminising about our grade school days and how Mr. Moore would beat us with a 3" wide yardstick if we got outta hand, or he would make us stnd in front of the class with books in out arms if he only THOUGHT he smelled pot on you. Other teachers who would hit your hands with a ruler, on and on and on... I wish things were still that way.

Quick Reply: Dumb nephew