Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Dumb nephew

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 02:21 PM
savage.basher
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dumb nephew

I thnk the fenders would **** me off more than anything else. You can drain the fuel yourself, but fixing the fenders is a job for the pro's.
Plus if you just FIX the fenders then it will look like new, but in the back of your head you will always know it has been fixed and has body filler under the paint and crap. I don't think I would be satisfied unless the little guy bought me a whole new bed and had it painted to match the rest of the truck , and then I would also need a little money formy mental anguish .

Old 07-26-2007, 02:29 PM
gales73
Rookie

some people.....i mean it says in capital letter right on the tach...DIESEL FUEL ONLY...sorry to hear about your luck...this is why i have two keys to my truck one with me and the other is for me to know where it isand no one else to find out...

Old 07-26-2007, 02:30 PM
ga_noplugs

ORIGINAL: donnie

I also thought that the diesels had some type of marking on the filler door that cautiuons about "diesel Only"
I made a label for the door on mine that says"DIESEL ONLY".
I bought the Green filler cap from Genos to replace the generic black one.It's real noticable when you open the door and hopefully it will stop more of the idiots that would try to use gas...

Old 07-26-2007, 03:10 PM
sabersix

ORIGINAL: ga_noplugs

ORIGINAL: donnie

I also thought that the diesels had some type of marking on the filler door that cautiuons about "diesel Only"
I made a label for the door on mine that says"DIESEL ONLY".
I bought the Green filler cap from Genos to replace the generic black one.It's real noticable when you open the door and hopefully it will stop more of the idiots that would try to use gas...
My 07 came with a green fuel cap.

Old 07-26-2007, 03:17 PM
savage.basher

huh... my 07 didn't come with a green one. Maybe yours did cause it is a 6.7L ?? Anyway, I though about buying a green cap but I have seen some green handle gasoline pumps (at BP sations maybe), and I figured the ole wifey would try to match colors instead of the words and fill her up with gas anyways. The pump I usually goes to has a yellow handle.

Old 07-26-2007, 03:50 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

sorry to hear about your luck! thats gotta be the worst thing'(s) that could happen! it seems people make that mistake alot w/ the fuel/gas situation!

Old 07-26-2007, 03:59 PM
squirtbottle09
Record Breaker

Me and my son are the only ones that ever drive my truck. I would trust my 15 year old son with my truck before anyone elseI know. I was at a station with a guy who had a brand new ford. He was filling up and I walked by and noticed something. I had the honor of telling him that he just filled up with gas. The truck still had the build sticker on the window. As soon as I told him he almost cried, lol. I went and bought me a drink and when I came out he said the tow truck was on the way, lol.

Old 07-26-2007, 04:14 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: squirtbottle09
a guy who had a brand new ford.

I had the honor of telling him that he just filled up with gas.
LMAO !!!!

Old 07-26-2007, 04:45 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

ORIGINAL: squirtbottle09

Me and my son are the only ones that ever drive my truck. I would trust my 15 year old son with my truck before anyone elseI know. I was at a station with a guy who had a brand new ford. He was filling up and I walked by and noticed something. I had the honor of telling him that he just filled up with gas. The truck still had the build sticker on the window. As soon as I told him he almost cried, lol. I went and bought me a drink and when I came out he said the tow truck was on the way, lol.
I have yet to see that in person. of course I fill up at odd hours of the day due to schedule.

Old 07-26-2007, 04:52 PM
savage.basher

I had the honor of telling him that he just filled up with gas
I don't know what I was thinking... when I read this I though you meant you had the dignity to tell him, but what you meant was you had the privelage of telling him, LMAO hahaahahah. I didn't get it untill Mayfair pointed it out.

Quick Reply: Dumb nephew