Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

MY NEW BABY

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 11:18 PM
savage.basher
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY NEW BABY

My wife told me friday she wanted a new car and to my surprise (almost craped my pants)she said she wanted to go look at chargers (she has a bmw and has been looking at g35's) so I kicked **** into high gear and we went to the dealer on sat and signed the papers on mon and picked up the new baby tonight... It is an 07 black charger R/T with the road and track preformance group and electronic convenience group.

Anyway, Iagain craped my pants after I heard her say, "I want some loud gurgly exhaust too!" I cannot believe it is happening not only will my driveway only have dodges now but I am gonna have the best of both worlds, a coal rolling beast of a truck and one sweet freaking american gas guzzlin muscle car.

Dere is the first pic (more to come), the wife had just gotten in the car and we were still in the stealers parking lot. What do ya'll think ??

Old 08-01-2007, 11:20 PM
GREYGHOST21
Rookie
Default RE: MY NEW BABY

That is a very nice car!!! Congradulations!!

Old 08-01-2007, 11:21 PM
speakle
All Star

6.1L? That is a fine looking car there. My wife has been wanting a G35 for a while now, I am just not ready to make another $35k plunge.

Old 08-01-2007, 11:41 PM
savage.basher

-It is not a 6.1L like in the srt-8. This is basically a "debadged" so to speak daytona edition, so it has some of the looks of the srt such as the chrome 20's (srt has forged aluminum but same shape wheel), the rear spoiler, the badge inside the grill, body color grill, front chin on bumper, and most importantly it has the black leather with perferated suede insert seats with red stitching.. Preformance wise it is the same as the daytona though, which is different from the basic r/t charger. It has different steering, suspension, and exhaust, maybe different intake too not sure?

I just really like the upgraded interior (same as the daytona's) and the look-a-like srt-8 chrome 20's. When you are in it, it feels like a luxury car then you hit the go pedal and it feels like a sports/muscle car... I love it..... not as much as my truck though .

-My wife really wanted a G35 too but as you can see dodge quality won again. Take her to take a test drive she might fall in love like my wife did.

Old 08-01-2007, 11:47 PM
Captain Squalus
Record Breaker

Now all you have to do is get rid of the old ladyso you can have them both.

Old 08-01-2007, 11:53 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

Nice man! Way better than an Infinity, now you just need to do a flowmaster 40 series exhaust on it[sm=gears.gif]

Old 08-01-2007, 11:54 PM
speakle
All Star

We wont be test driving anything else anytime soon. I would likely end up getting the g35 or something similar. They have quite a bit of horsepower and only 6 mouths to feed.

Old 08-02-2007, 12:05 AM
savage.basher

lmao, I don't care who ya are, that's funny right there, hahaha. I hear ya man.

------------------------------------------------

Jr.-

Her wish is my command... the flow 40's will probably be on it before the end of the week. I noticed your challenger avatar... I wanted to wait for one ofthose but one of the things she liked about the charger was it had 4 doors... she thinks we might actually start having kids soon.... girls what are ya gonna do. I'm still only 21 (for another month), with the way she trades cars,thisone will be long gone before we start having kids .

Speakle-

Dude I'm tellin ya she was set on either a infinity G35 or bmw 328i / x5 or acura TL but after she drove the charger her mind was made. We drove g35's and 328's and I drive a bmw x5 on a daily basis and I have to tell you there is just something different about the dodge quailty and craftsman ship everyting else seems cheap.

Old 08-02-2007, 12:23 AM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: savage.basher

lmao, I don't care who ya are, that's funny right there, hahaha. I hear ya man.

Jr.-

Her wish is my command... the flow 40's will probably be on it before the end of the week. I noticed your challenger avatar... I wanted to wait for one ofthose but one of the things she liked about the charger was it had 4 doors... she thinks we might actually start having kids soon.... girls what are ya gonna do. I'm still only 21 (for another month), with the way she trades cars,thisone will be long gone before we start having kids .

Speakle-

Dude I'm tellin ya she was set on either a infinity G35 or bmw 328i / x5 or acura TL but after she drove the charger her mind was made. We drove g35's and 328's and I drive a bmw x5 on a daily basis and I have to tell you there is just something different about the dodge quailty and craftsman ship everyting else seems cheap.
If she likes to trade her cars so much, you guys should have looked into leasing. Its nice to get in a new car again after a couple of years, not to mention you lose a ton of money buying a car like that and selling it within a couple of years [&:]

Old 08-02-2007, 12:52 AM
savage.basher

I thought about leasing, and might have leased a bmw or g35 but the chargers have almost no depreciation right now, not to say they won't next year or the year afterthough [sm=confused06.gif].

Also with the leasing, I think by the time you put up a big down payment up front and/or get reemed when you turn it in for mileage or body damage or other little things like that, it is a lose lose situation buying or leasing.

Plus it is hard to find a 24 month lease (or a 18 month for that matter ) typically they start at 30-36 months and usually they are quite a bit more expensive then leasing for say 48 months or so.

I think when you see the low advertised lease rates on tv comercials it is because they are usually figuring on some kind of down payment (a few thousand) and then proabably a longer term and probably also only like 10k miles a year.

We did think aboutthe optionsalot though.

Quick Reply: MY NEW BABY