Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

I might be convinced to go Ford

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 10:02 PM
Twoforme2
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I might be convinced to go Ford

WhereasI tried to explain it was done as a joke. and
Whereas I did not convey my sarcasm effectively, and
Whereas I have not been around here long enough for people to understand that I am a smart *** most of the time, and full if **** the rest of the time.
Heretofor Be it known that I apologize for being sarcastic and making a joke about the subject at hand and offending someone.

For those offended. You may print this apology and keep it with you for as long as necessary, til we meet and you can redeem this for one adult beverage, or more if you are still upset about it when that time comes.

Old 08-04-2007, 11:37 PM
Ben D.
Champion

perhaps the apology would be better if you weren't being a smartazz when you made your apology lol. I believe that's why guys are mad.

Old 08-04-2007, 11:46 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Twoforme2

WhereasI tried to explain it was done as a joke. and
Whereas I did not convey my sarcasm effectively, and
Whereas I have not been around here long enough for people to understand that I am a smart *** most of the time, and full if **** the rest of the time.
Heretofor Be it known that I apologize for being sarcastic and making a joke about the subject at hand and offending someone.

For those offended. You may print this apology and keep it with you for as long as necessary, til we meet and you can redeem this for one adult beverage, or more if you are still upset about it when that time comes.

not to add fuel to the fire but i do not take his apology as serious as i thought it should of been but this guys got a way with words! i think we should off print this up (above) and all meet up at the middle point and burry the ol' hatchet[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 08-04-2007, 11:52 PM
Ben D.
Champion

True, I agree with nick. I wasn't mad at the guy i hadn't been around to participate in the thread I just kinda got the feeling that the apology wasn't serious just from reading the post. but yea does got a wayw ith words.

Old 08-04-2007, 11:54 PM
sharx ram
Champion

I cant believe how upset everyone got about what was said...I took it the way he meant it and I thought it was appropriate...come on guys, we've got tougher skin than that...if theres antone to be mad at, Id say it should have been the one who started the post to begin with. If you want to buy a Ferd, it doesnt make alot of sence to go to a Dodge forum and tell them that you think it is better than a Dodge. Lighten up boys hehehe

Old 08-05-2007, 12:14 AM
bksram3500
Record Breaker

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]Lets all have a drink.

I had a 99 7.3 It was slow and didn't pull my trailer well. It was a fairly dependable motor but everything else broke all the time I estimate that I spent $350 a month on repairs.

Old 08-05-2007, 12:17 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

I have a 5.9 and love it. it goes great at the parade. Sharx you got me good.

Old 08-05-2007, 12:27 AM
jakebrake
Champion

Wow, some panties get ruffled pretty quick round here, either way some funny stuff.[&:]

Thanks sharx

[IMG]local://upfiles/30416/9F9C767A52264E6589D2C25855056F9E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-05-2007, 12:29 AM
kg1687
Veteran

You say you want power and noise. Not sure this was brought up or not. But Fact. Cummins I-6 Straight piped is way louder and sounds alot more like a big truck (since big trucks use I-6's most of the time anyways! Look it up. Smith-Detroit, Cattipiller, CUMMINS, so on and so forth) A majority of big semi's and tractors have Inline engines. The Inline doesn't loose torque like a V8 Does. Also I heard this from a buddy not sure how true it is or not. But The fords power capacity (meaning how many modifications you can do to other parts of the engine with out tearing the engine apart and putting performance cam etc. etc. in) is like 98% Chevy was like 64% and Dodge was like 59%. You can do alot more to the 5.9 (which is very reliable btw) and increase horsepower and such with more results than a ford. Dont' get me wrong. I personally like fords chevy's and dodges. I think they all have strong points. I think the 6.6L Duramax is a good engine. Very surprised they didn't have huge problems on their first outting. I like the 7.3 L Ford, don't like the 6.0 and the 6.4. And I like the 5.9L dodge. I feel out of em all in reliablity and power I'd go the 5.9L cummins then the 7.3L Ford if i was looking newer meaning I think like 04 and up. I'd still go 5.9L dodge then 6.6L Duramax. I personally don't like the 6.7. But facts are. Cummins straight piped = WAY LOUDER than ford straightpiped. Cummins Modded - Lot of options + reliablity + maintence is cheaper too since being the smallest engine it takes less oil! Also in size = power and sound BIG MYTH! All depends on engine design. Take an old 454, 460, 440. Stock. In good condition. Place it against a new Hemi, or V10 which I believe is like a 6.4 as well in ford (my mom has one, it's not too bad) Not even new make em approx. 2002 or so. Same like 3/4ton such and such. The new engines Have **** pots more of power. You change the exhaust around straight pipe em. flow masters what ever. They're just as loud. I heard a ford 5.4 L 3/4 ton it sounded like an old muscle car. Size does not = power. Size DOES not = sound. Even though I like the 7.3 I do believe the 5.9L cummins 12v & 24 V will out perform and out last with maintence.

Old 08-05-2007, 12:31 AM
sharx ram
Champion

ORIGINAL: jakebrake

Wow, some panties get ruffled pretty quick round here, either way some funny stuff.[&:]

Thanks sharx

[IMG]local://upfiles/30416/9F9C767A52264E6589D2C25855056F9E.jpg[/IMG]
Not a problem, did you get the other one?

Quick Reply: I might be convinced to go Ford