Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Done with the Debadgeing

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 05:52 PM
beepbeepshitzngiggle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Done with the Debadgeing

I debadged my 07 about a week ago..I just took off the "ram heavy duty 2500" badge like you hocheck...I hated the way the red in the badge looked against the inferno red paint job.. left the C of course!I dont know why dodge thought the two badges looked nice so close together..I liked the older chrome badges much better... btw.. it was much more work removing the adhesive from the dealer applied pin stripping than it was removing the 3M tape from the badges.. nice truck hocheck!

Old 08-06-2007, 10:19 PM
hocheck
Rookie

Thanks. I used Goo Gone and it wasnt too bad at all the second day. ButI got blisters on my finger tips the night before.

Old 08-07-2007, 12:26 AM
beachmstr

i removed one badge tonight, what a pain in the a$$. it took me forever to get the 3m tape off the one. Im gonna try to buy the eraser for the drill to get it off quick. My buddy used a razor blade on the adhesive and left a 1/4" scratch. I'm kinda pissed but he didnt do it on purpose.

Old 08-07-2007, 09:27 AM
beepbeepshitzngiggle

i noticed it was harder to get the adhesive off if i used too much heat.. i just warmed the badge a little then cut behind it with fishing string.. trying to leave as much adhesive on the truck as i could.. then start at a corner rolling the adhesive back over itself.. i could sometimes pull straight out stretching the tape as it came off.. too much heat caused the tape to be too soft and break. goo gone didnt work well for me at all.. i just used WD40 and a cotton cloth.. there wasnt much goo left behind anyway.. took me 15 minutes per badge.. sorry to hear about the razor blade scratch [&o]

Old 08-07-2007, 09:09 PM
beachmstr

maybe just leaving that one on wouldnt be so bad

Quick Reply: Done with the Debadgeing