Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Rock Krawler 8.O Coilover Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 02:43 PM
KillerCummins
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rock Krawler 8.O Coilover Conversion

I've been looking into the Rock Krawler 8.0 Coilover Conversion lift kit. It looks like an awesome lift. I have the 6" TGCbut I just dont have the faith that I would like to have in it (offroad.) I've always wanted to have coilovers at all 4 corners. I know that the diesel is heavy, but I talked to the guy at Rock Kraweler,and he said thatthe coiloverswill last for years with the occasional offroad adventure, so I figurethey will last a little less with the occasional extreme offroad adventure. They warrantee all the bracketry so that all you have to do is replace the coilovers. Does anyone have or know anyone who has the Rock Krawler lift? Its like 5.5K, and that is because I'm planning on installing it myself, should I choose to purchase it. Thanks to all that reply.

Old 08-05-2007, 03:12 PM
triton
Record Breaker
Default RE: Rock Krawler 8.O Coilover Conversion

the Rock Krawler kit is a lift only. If I were you, I'd spend the 5.5K on a Kore system. The Kore is a top of the line suspension system. It will only give you about 3" of lift but, it's a kit designed for the Baja. The Carli kits are alos top of the line.

The rock krawler kit is very new ( maybe 6 months old ) so, I don't think there's a lot feedback on it yet. I know their older kit sucked !

Look into these two dealers if you're going to spend that kind of cash.... you'll be much happier that you did.

http://www.koreperformance.com/

http://www.thecarlisuspension.com/

Old 08-05-2007, 03:39 PM
KillerCummins
Professional

Haven't priced the carli , but the kore kit is over 11K , and that is without install. Kore was DEFINITELY my first choice though. I even priced Kelderman for fun and they were 6K, which is still a lot of money and not really offroad oriented at all.Ithink Kore is awesome, but Iwould have to sell my body to science and my soul to the devil for 11K. Sheesh! I dk, compared to the other prices, and by the looks of the kit, it lookslike Rock Krawler could be worth it. I know its not Kore, but its the closest I could find. I'll check out the Carli's right now. Thanks

Old 08-05-2007, 04:04 PM
triton
Record Breaker

yeah that 11K is for the Unlimited series...the very top of the chain. There's several tiers of suspensions they have. I bet you could get into the Race series and just change the shocks to coil overs although I doubt you'd need too.

Keldermen's can also be well over 10K with their air system. Another great choice if you can affort it!

Here's another option if you haven't looked this route. Don Thuren makes some sweet components for our trucks, you may want to call him to see what he says http://www.thurenfabrication.com/

And one more... this is some sweet stuff too... http://lorenzindustries.com/index.html

I'd guess you'd be ok with the Rock K. but, for extreme offroad... I don't think it would last.

Old 08-05-2007, 04:39 PM
sharx ram
Champion

I ran a RockKrawler long arm kit on my rock buggy and loved it! They are pricey but work very well.

Old 08-05-2007, 05:36 PM
rammunition

Check out the one fabtech is releasing in a few months. Its pretty cool, I was going to consider it, but I didnt want to wait that long and the cost was around 5500.00. Worth looking into though.

Old 08-05-2007, 06:22 PM
NCcummins
Record Breaker

i ran a rock krawler 6 inch on my jeep cherokee and ran a rock krawler 4.5 on the old grand cherokee and both the kits gave me voer an inch of what they said for about a year or 2.....i think they are alright kits but like triton said....they are only a lift kit, not the whole suspention..

Old 08-06-2007, 11:59 AM
KillerCummins
Professional

I looked into Lorenz and Thuren and they do look like they are of similar quality and engineering as Carli and Kore. I also stumbled upon a long post on a forum about Kore vs. Carli and would now buy Carli before Kore. However,something thatwas brought upwas rear suspension. All these kits are running around 10K, and they have leaf springs out back. The Rock Krawler kit has coilovers. And what do you guys mean that it is not a suspension system? It seems pretty complete to me. I dont understand what you are saying by that. I mean, the only thing that it doesn't include is probably a longer front drive shaft, but what kit does? Thanks to all that have replied

Old 08-06-2007, 12:31 PM
NCcummins
Record Breaker

dude no matter what your trust already kicks a$$ soo..im sure the new lift will make it look even sweeter!

Old 08-06-2007, 01:02 PM
KillerCummins
Professional

Lmao, thanks so does yours. I think I'm gonna wait and see what kind of reviews the RK kit gets, since it is still new, I'm sure dieselpowermag or someone will do a special on it. Thanks again

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler 8.O Coilover Conversion