Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

for you contractors and inspectors a like..

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 12:06 AM
sharx ram
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: for you contractors and inspectors a like..

ORIGINAL: bajafun

out here, thinkin its NEC anyways, you must bond:

gas main, water main , and structure (if steel building) in 1 continuous unbroken line to the panel. this eliminates the static charge from the gas main as well. in this dwelling, afore, the gas main was 6ft away, and the water main is 100ft away..I was told with the gas so close, they could get away with a seperate bond to each.

as for ground rods...here in Maricopa county (AZ) we are required to drive 2 5/8" x 8' ground rods with a 6ft min seperation at the service section (commercial)or panel (residential). you must also bond the water , gas, and steel structure to the panel as well.

They do like to see a ufer bond (#4 solid tied to rebar for 25' in concrete foundation) connected to the panel along with the others.

with the arrid desert here, we have no BOND until it rains...

I will check the NEC..pretty sure most , if not all of that is in there...then of course each municipality can have its own more strict ordinances pertaining to construction installation...

You tell um Tiger... [8D] Its refreshing to hear someone who knows what thier talking about!!!

Old 08-07-2007, 12:12 AM
jakebrake
Champion

[8D] Its refreshing to hear someone who knows what thier talking about!!!
I know when I'm not wanted[8D]

Old 08-07-2007, 12:17 AM
sharx ram
Champion

Oh you caught that did ya? hehehe

Old 08-07-2007, 12:23 AM
07 Ram TRX4
Captain

ORIGINAL: 07 Ram TRX4

The circuit breaker should be "IN THE HOUSE"... Not on it....
out here in the desert, the panels are mounted on the outside of the dwellings. since our average rain fall is not enough to fill a circle k 44oz thirst buster cup..its ok

Must be great to live out there and hate your neighbors.... god forbid they lose power and there're alarm clocks don;t go off...

Old 08-07-2007, 12:26 AM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned

ORIGINAL: sharx ram

gas main, water main , and structure (if steel building) in 1 continuous unbroken line to the panel. this eliminates the static charge from the gas main as well. in this dwelling, afore, the gas main was 6ft away, and the water main is 100ft away..I was told with the gas so close, they could get away with a seperate bond to each.

as for ground rods...here in Maricopa county (AZ) we are required to drive 2 5/8" x 8' ground rods with a 6ft min seperation at the service section (commercial)or panel (residential). you must also bond the water , gas, and steel structure to the panel as well.

They do like to see a ufer bond (#4 solid tied to rebar for 25' in concrete foundation) connected to the panel along with the others.

I will check the NEC..pretty sure most , if not all of that is in there...then of course each municipality can have its own more strict ordinances pertaining to construction installation...

You tell um Tiger... [8D] Its refreshing to hear someone who knows what thier talking about!!!
wasI wrong?

I need to pick me up a copy of the illustrated NEC ..it runs $125 an issue [:@]

Sharky..what juristiction do you cover?

Old 08-07-2007, 12:43 AM
triton
Record Breaker

here's a good test pic. Can you see what's wrong ?

Old 08-07-2007, 01:06 AM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned

triton...wuts with the parallel feed?

Im still lookin at it..

I dont agree with the splice blocks in the gutter..wuts with the ground and netrals on the same terminal???

whats Sharky got to say???

I have to look more....had to make the pic bigger since Im not there!!!

Old 08-07-2007, 01:08 AM
sharx ram
Champion

wasI wrong?

You nailed it right on the head with the exception, it 20 feet in the concrete not 25, but over kill is always better [8D]
I work in the town ofWickenburg.

Old 08-07-2007, 01:15 AM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned

wasI wrong?

You nailed it right on the head with the exception, it 20 feet in the concrete not 25, but over kill is always better [8D]
I work in the town ofWickenburg.
dont tell my customers its only 20' !!!!

Wickenburg?? you not good enough for Phoenix?!?!?!?!

thanks for the compliment up there ^

Old 08-07-2007, 01:17 AM
triton
Record Breaker

triton...wuts with the parallel feed?

Im still lookin at it..

I dont agree with the splice blocks in the gutter..wuts with the ground and netrals on the same terminal???

whats Sharky got to say???

I have to look more....had to make the pic bigger since Im not there!!!
I suppose the parallel was done like that in the 50's. What you're looking at was an upgrade and there's only one problem to find. The parallel's are feeding a panel a piece. I'll explain it after you guys had a chance to answer what the problem is :-)

Quick Reply: for you contractors and inspectors a like..