Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

for you contractors and inspectors a like..

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 04:09 PM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default for you contractors and inspectors a like..

what is wrong in these pics??????

Old 08-05-2007, 04:34 PM
Captain Squalus
Record Breaker
Default RE: for you contractors and inspectors a like..

where is the fire truck?

Old 08-05-2007, 05:26 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

Did Sharx inspect that one?

Old 08-05-2007, 05:37 PM
triton
Record Breaker

a huge problem I see is, I can't believe someone actually put their initials on that work. That obviously was never inspected. If it was... oh my ! The fact the panel was attempted to be labeled though could mean it was ?

Is that a piece of romex ties to the ground also ? So, are you there to fix all that or inspect it ?

Old 08-05-2007, 09:04 PM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned

we found the problem while installing 2/3 romex to the new remote garage across the other side of this monster house..

Thanks to Sharkys suggestion, we straightened out the grounds (which happen to be the gas bond
) in the wall and put a split bolt over them. the owner is gonna see if the home warranty will fix it. as for the big blue in the panel, I relocated the 50/2 a few spaces down to eliminate the need for the "extension" ...

if you look at the pic of the panel door, you will see the GREEN tag where the city signed off. this munincipality did have, at one time, great inspectors....

this "quality" by A QUALITY ELECTRIC here in Phoenix shows why these houses are built so fast and with cheap..south of the boarder cheap..labor....the drop down attic ladder in the garage makes you climb towards the outter eve when you should be climbing towards the center of the house.. [:@]

Old 08-05-2007, 10:33 PM
07 Ram TRX4
Captain

I know I know....

Old 08-05-2007, 10:34 PM
07 Ram TRX4
Captain

The circuit breaker should be "IN THE HOUSE"... Not on it....

Old 08-06-2007, 12:15 AM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned

ORIGINAL: 07 Ram TRX4

The circuit breaker should be "IN THE HOUSE"... Not on it....
out here in the desert, the panels are mounted on the outside of the dwellings. since our average rain fall is not enough to fill a circle k 44oz thirst buster cup..its ok

Old 08-06-2007, 11:40 AM
DBLR
Record Breaker

I have never seen anyone attach the main ground wire from the service box to a natural gas pipe. All I can say to that is, Stupid is as Stupid does. Back in 1994 when I wanted to run power from the main box to a new sub service box for the addition to the house they told me I had to attach the sub panel ground wire one of two ways. I had to either put a bar in to the foundation footings before it was poured (also the ground bar had to be inspected and approved before the cement was poured) or drive a bar 12 feet in to the ground so that the sub box and house was grounded properly. Also I can’t believe someone used the Blue wire nut in the service box to extend the wire to the breaker because for some reason it was too short to reach the breaker.

Old 08-06-2007, 12:01 PM
triton
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: DBLR

I have never seen anyone attach the main ground wire from the service box to a natural gas pipe. All I can say to that is, Stupid is as Stupid does. Back in 1994 when I wanted to run power from the main box to a new sub service box for the addition to the house they told me I had to attach the sub panel ground wire one of two ways. I had to either put a bar in to the foundation footings before it was poured (also the ground bar had to be inspected and approved before the cement was poured) or drive a bar 12 feet in to the ground so that the sub box and house was grounded properly. Also I can’t believe someone used the Blue wire nut in the service box to extend the wire to the breaker because for some reason it was too short to reach the breaker.
A gas bond is required and should be a part of the service bond but, not how they did it. The code says... " unbroken " The codes may be different out west and it does typically change from county to county around here.

I'm assume these guys "got" their ground from the gas pipe ? Yeah, that's pretty bad !

The ground rods only come in 8ft lengths ( here anyway ) and you were right, it does need to be driven in and the only other option is horizonally in a ditch deeper than 2ft. I believe.

Quick Reply: for you contractors and inspectors a like..