Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Saved a Ford...

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 03:51 AM
kg1687
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Saved a Ford...

In my opinion most of the time getting stuck requires loss of traction. Which.. Has nothing to do with engine power. Hey on your k2500 Chevy, when you locked your transfer case in it didn't have a mechanical lock on it too turn the front tires? My mitsubishi is similar, well was mine just sold it but when you lock it into 4wd the transfer case turns the wheel kind of like a catch that catches the pin to lock em in. So even if i was just spinning if I locked it into 4wd it'd lock the hubs after I let out the clutch and the front driveline turned. I'd say either your transfer case was about shot or your auto hubs were gone. Not exactly sure if that's right. But maybe it was something else and you knew more. Nice pics btw

Old 08-08-2007, 03:55 AM
kg1687
Veteran

Same with tractor pulling. It's cool. Cool to brag when you tow someone around. but you can have **** pots of power. But if you don't have any traction to the ground. Your gonna get smoked by something lesser. Jee.. traction comes in alot. GET GOOD TIRES!

Old 08-08-2007, 08:43 AM
Wish4vip

ORIGINAL: Hemi402

i wouldnt have pulled em out ....thats gods way of sayin "buy a dodge dumbass" lol
It's good to hear that you will put a car company in front of a fellow man in need of help. Really, that's a stand up thing to do. Better to be loyal to a companay that doesn't really care about you than to be a good person and help a person out. [sm=lame.gif]

I hate brand loyality. Drive what you like...don't bash others because they found something that they perfer. I drive a Toyota and I wouldn't hesitate to pull out a man in need. At the end of the day, as long at it gets you home....that's all that matters.

Sorry for the rant, but people need to grow up.

And Steve, nicely done on helping out those guys. I've been stuck before, and having somebody, especially a stranger, that is willing to help you out really makes the day.

Quick Reply: Saved a Ford...