Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Seat Stains...

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 02:32 PM
twotrack68
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat Stains...

Is there any way to get rid on water stains on the seat fabric? Any condensation that drips off cups leaves a water mark that I can't seem to get rid of. I've tried wiping the seats with a damp towel but that just leaves a bigger mark. Being in Phoenix, we never drive anywhere without icy drinksso now there are these PIA stains all over the front & rear seats just from water. Any ideas on this? Thanks!
Scott

Old 08-11-2007, 03:35 PM
KillerCummins
Professional
Default RE: Seat Stains...

I have the same problem, I usted that "tide-2-go" thing and it worked the first time, but when I tried it againon a bigger stain, it left a white tint on the seat. I dont think its permanently bleached, but I'm not going to try the tide thing if there is another alternative.

Old 08-11-2007, 04:34 PM
speakle
All Star

Everyone has the same problem, the 06 seats suck. I read on another forum that the covers are pretty easy to get off, they clip on. You throw them in the washing machine on cold, let them air dry and the scotch guard them. I paid to have my seats clean by a professional before I knew that you could take the covers off, it ran me about $100 to have all of the seats done.

Old 08-11-2007, 05:06 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

Scotch guard them before they get any worse if you dont want to wash them...

Old 08-11-2007, 05:43 PM
KillerCummins
Professional

If they are that easy to pop off then is there leather covers you can put back on? I freaking hate cloth seats, just my opinion because vaccuming the floor is pain by itself, it would be so much easier to just wipe the seats off. That is my dream.

Old 08-11-2007, 07:36 PM
speakle
All Star

Yes there is, I saw a set of laramie leather covers on ebay not too long ago for around $500.

Old 08-11-2007, 08:35 PM
savage.basher

My 06 seat got the water ring thing on it after I used a cleaner on a little soda spot from my sister-n-law(I almost flipped out and killed her). Anyhow, my 07 seats have that "yes essentials" thing, I think it is kinda like scotch guard, you can def spill coffee right on them and it cleans up with a paper towel.

I would unclip them like previously said, and wash them in the washing machine. Then I would scotch guard the and put them back in the truck.

Leather is good, but I always seem to have bad luck with the rivet things on the back of my jeans rippin/scraping the leather, so for now I stick with cloth in big burly and leave the leather to the charger.

Old 08-12-2007, 12:01 AM
speakle
All Star

I had leather in my last truck and really miss it. While it looked like crap when I got rid of it, it would have looked a lot worse had it been cloth.

Old 08-12-2007, 12:52 PM
SpLaT
Captain

I work in oil/gas field always get some kind of oil/wax stain no matter how hard ya try to stay clean... I found "Joe's" hand cleaner (smooth kind) works great getting any stains out including crude oil from the the door panels, headliner, carpet and seats! Just add a small dab of it to a"WHITE" cotton clothe and gently rub it in.It doesn't leave any residue, but to be safe try it in small area mostly unseen see if it works for you.

Old 08-15-2007, 09:29 PM
quah 01

try windex glass cleaner i know it sounds weird but my ole ladys grandma told us bout it when we were tryin to clean her white cloth seats on a used car we bought

Quick Reply: Seat Stains...