Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

glacier fuel syster HELP ASAP PLZ!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 01:19 AM
kolb7
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default glacier fuel syster HELP ASAP PLZ!!!!

just put on the glacier fuel system and not the check engine light is on, and my truck dost hardly put out nd smoke, no throttle response what so ever... any clues to what might be goin on would be really helpfulll i've went through the conections and every thing looks good to me.... i should just have the pos and neg to the new pump, conect to new connector into the one off the old puump nd power wire any thing i may be missing?? thnx

Old 08-14-2007, 06:56 AM
triton
Record Breaker
Default RE: glacier fuel syster HELP ASAP PLZ!!!!

ORIGINAL: kolb7

just put on the glacier fuel system and not the check engine light is on, and my truck dost hardly put out nd smoke, no throttle response what so ever... any clues to what might be goin on would be really helpfulll i've went through the conections and every thing looks good to me.... i should just have the pos and neg to the new pump, conect to new connector into the one off the old puump nd power wire any thing i may be missing?? thnx
The first thing I'd look at is if the pump , the pre-filter and the by-pass valves were installed in the correct direction. The by-pass especially, if it's in wrong you won't have any pressure build up in the lines.

When you turn on the truck without cranking it, do you hear the pump running and draining back to the tank ?

Did you clean out the palstic shavings in the tank after drilling in the new pick up tube ? It's possible the pre-filter is clogged. Or, if you got anything in the line, it may have clogged the OEM filter .

Old 08-14-2007, 02:00 PM
finny
All Star

do you have a link to the glacer fuel system?

Old 08-14-2007, 04:09 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 225 Likes on 210 Posts

here you go... http://www.glacierdieselpower.com/de...dept_id=09-001

Old 08-15-2007, 12:07 AM
kolb7
Rookie

thnx guys found the problem out part of it was dirty connections and the throttle response and loss of power was i unplugged a wire that goes into my chip

Quick Reply: glacier fuel syster HELP ASAP PLZ!!!!