Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Strange occurance with my 6.7 today

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 03:06 PM
rammunition
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange occurance with my 6.7 today

Weird thing today. I was leaving the paint store with my window down. Oddly enough, I never drive with my radio off and I could hear my truck idling very loudly. I turned my radio off, and with my window down, this thing sounded like a friggin powerstroke. It was revving different then normal too. When I got home about 5 minutes later. I left it in neutral and got out to inspect. No indicators, no strange temps on my stock gauges either. Huh? So I shut it off and started it back up, still loud. Then it died after about ten seconds. Now I start sweating. I start it up again, and it idles perfectly, not loud at all. Could it have been in regen? I called the dealer but of course all their associates are busy so I left a voice mail. Should I be concerned? Has anyone else experience this? Someone please help my calm my nerves.

Old 08-20-2007, 03:44 PM
Joel_MD
Captain
Default RE: Strange occurance with my 6.7 today

I don't think your "strange occurance" is due to regeneration. Mine goes into regen about once a day,but the only way I can tell is by the Edge monitor giving me an alert and showing a higher EGT. I can recall a posting in this forum several months ago from someone who had a similar experience, but unfortunately I can't remember the details.

Old 08-20-2007, 06:28 PM
rammunition

Thanks. I did a search and found the thread. It sounds like the exact same thing. Im not going to sweat it too much. It runs fine now. Its my first diesel so I dont know much about the mechanics. Im used to working on my yamaha banshee not the diesels. Besides, with only 3500 miles, if anything happens, Ill go to the dealer.

Old 08-20-2007, 06:28 PM
bksram3500
Record Breaker

You may be thinking of me. My dpf was full and it wouldn't run right. But I drave my truck for 700 miles with the message on and didn't hurt the engine.

Quick Reply: Strange occurance with my 6.7 today