Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Trip to Los Angeles

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 10:06 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trip to Los Angeles

Hello all, sort of short on postings as I have had a lot of work to catch up on and month end is hectic in the Mortgage collections world. I took a trip to Los angeles this weekend on the way there I had no problem everything was good, on the way back I had probably a ton of stuff with passengers and cargo and I seemed to be heavily bogged down. I have had more weight and wind resistance then that before and never any problems like this. It was over 105 aalmost all the way back. would the heat cause that much problem? My fuel filter has been changed 4500 miles ago.

Old 08-22-2007, 11:34 PM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned
Default RE: Trip to Los Angeles

did ya check the loose nut behind the wheel???

seems odd that it would ride different..

Old 08-23-2007, 12:06 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

Checked him out. still a little off. I was wondering, think I need to change my spark plugs, I am at 39000 with originals.

Old 08-23-2007, 07:29 AM
Joel_MD
Captain

Yeah, you should change your spark plugs. The guys in the 3rd Gen forum are always discussing which plugs are best for the Hemi. I can't even find the plugs onmy Cummins! What should I do?

Old 08-23-2007, 08:28 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: hildenja

Yeah, you should change your spark plugs. The guys in the 3rd Gen forum are always discussing which plugs are best for the Hemi. I can't even find the plugs onmy Cummins! What should I do?
trade it in for a poer stroke, they use plugs. . . .

Old 08-23-2007, 09:29 AM
Joel_MD
Captain

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out a way to shoot fire out of my tailpipe like the Fords. It would be cool to melt the car next to me when sitting at a light!

Jimmy, sorry about taking over this thread with whimsical banter, but you kinda started it with talk about spark plugs!

As for your concern about losing power, could you be leaking air from your intercooler boots? If you were it would probably make noise, plus cause higher EGTs. Just a thought.

By the way, when you were in Los Angeles did you have any problem finding diesel fuel pumps? I lived in Hawthorne back in the 90s, and I never saw many diesel pumps. I remember reading that Dodge, GM, and Ford have not been able to sell diesel engines in their light duty (1-ton and below) trucks in California for the past few years.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:45 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out a way to shoot fire out of my tailpipe like the Fords. It would be cool to melt the car next to me when sitting at a light!

Jimmy, sorry about taking over this thread with whimsical banter, but you kinda started it with talk about spark plugs!

As for your concern about losing power, could you be leaking air from your intercooler boots? If you were it would probably make noise, plus cause higher EGTs. Just a thought.

By the way, when you were in Los Angeles did you have any problem finding diesel fuel pumps? I lived in Hawthorne back in the 90s, and I never saw many diesel pumps. I remember reading that Dodge, GM, and Ford have not been able to sell diesel engines in their light duty (1-ton and below) trucks in California for the past few years.
I actually went to San Fernando valley and there is a 76 station 2 blocks from my in laws house that has diesel, within a 10 mile radius there are about 8 gas stations with diesel, the problem is the price fluctuates so much it can be a 70 cent difference for 3 miles of driving. Gasbuddy becomes more then a buddy at that point

Old 08-23-2007, 04:07 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: jimmydaleo

hectic in the Mortgage collections world.
Morgage collections? Is that what you do?

Man I can only imagine you job ( though being secure ) will only get harder in the future. With companies giving morgages to anyone with a pulse, you're gonna be very busy.

Old 08-23-2007, 10:56 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

ORIGINAL: jimmydaleo

hectic in the Mortgage collections world.
Morgage collections? Is that what you do?

Man I can only imagine you job ( though being secure ) will only get harder in the future. With companies giving morgages to anyone with a pulse, you're gonna be very busy.
Already busy, I collect on subprime Mortgages with JPMorgan chase. the majority of our portfolio is servicing other companies messes, but people got involved in two year interest only adjustable rates and now that they are adjusting they come crying that they can not afford there mortgage. Instead of being proactive like keeping there credit good and paying stuff off during there interest only loan, they racked up more credit and ruined there credit and are not losing there house and blame us for it. The people also belive it is our responsibility to bend over backwards to keep them in there home. True we want to do it, but we are not going to cut there payment in half. a lot of these people have seen informercials and think they know the mortgage game. I have been in the industry over 5 years on both ends and there is a lot to know. if anyone here has any wuestions or needs any advise. I am not a lawyer but very knowlegable in the mortgage world.

Old 08-24-2007, 02:37 PM
Ralph78
Professional

I remember reading that Dodge, GM, and Ford have not been able to sell diesel engines in their light duty (1-ton and below) trucks in California for the past few years.
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????
LOTS of new diesel 3/4 Ton and 1 Ton trucks in Calif.

Quick Reply: Trip to Los Angeles