Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

painting underbody...

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 08:18 PM
NCcummins
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default painting underbody...

was sick as a god this past week/weekend with mono and got borded out of my mind and had to do somethng. So i bought about 12 cans of gloss black spray paint and painted all the wheel wells and diffs, and everything you can see looking at the truck....

this wont do anything to the truck mechanical wise right? i know alot of people who have done it, and am putting my new Gear Alloy 713 Double Pump wheels with either a 35x12.50R17 Nitto Mud Grappler or a Cooper STT wednesday and want it to look right.

Old 08-26-2007, 08:39 PM
finny
All Star
Default RE: painting underbody...

it wont do anything. used truck places do it. so to the untrained eye it looks like its in awsome shape.

Old 08-26-2007, 09:01 PM
dasnake
Veteran

i've been doing that since i got my license in '63. it looks good, and makes me feel good, i did mine before we left on a trip two months ago, another thing i do is paint the drive shaft red, again, it looks good to me and it's my truck, enjoy my friend.

Old 08-26-2007, 09:30 PM
02cummins
Captain

hey dude, as soon as u get that **** done u BETTER get some pics on here haha, i gotta know what it looks like because mine is next (wheels and tires i mean) also leveling kit...how does your truck perform with the intake and mods u have currently ? we have basically the same truck!

Old 08-27-2007, 07:06 AM
NCcummins
Record Breaker

i will take a pic at the shop wednesday...i work at the shop everyday and wednesday we are taking the day off to start on the truck...all the mods listed under my profile info are "coming soon" and will be put on in september. Takes a little longer because we have to take pics of everything and then also have 3 dyno sheets and make videos for my senoir project..

i will take pics and post then wednesday night after the wheels are tires are on!

Old 08-27-2007, 11:31 AM
SpLaT
Captain

Hey NCcummins,save your money on the aFe cai!!! I'm yankin my off going back to OEM air intake, not real happy with aFe I found some real fine dirt in the intake tube!!! [:@]And as far as cleaning the filter unless you have a ton of patients to open up every pleat to get the bugs and larger stuff swept out, go for it! I was soaking my filters in a pail of water/simple green mix it was getting the oil build up out but was doing nothing about the larger stuff stuck in the pleats!!

TDR issue #56 has a great write up on CAI looks like from test results the best system is the OEM filter, air box, and a DPP silicone rubber Cool Tube! This set up pretty much gave the best improvement in Max torque and Max HP! I'm sending latest engine oil sample in and I'm thinking I may have the same issues as Steve-O is having!! [:@]Steve says hes' going back to stock CAI, I think its a good idea from what I've read. TDR says the Dodge engineers did a greart job in designing the OEM intake as it moves as much or more air then the aftermarket stuff. Wish I'd have seen this write up before wasting $500+ on the aFe!!

Old 08-27-2007, 09:21 PM
NCcummins
Record Breaker

DANG! that is good to know...so any aftermarket intakes that are better?? because I really want something else then stock!

Old 08-28-2007, 12:21 AM
BrianSudokhoi02
Veteran

ORIGINAL: SpLaT

TDR issue #56 has a great write up on CAI looks like from test results the best system is the OEM filter, air box, and a DPP silicone rubber Cool Tube! This set up pretty much gave the best improvement in Max torque and Max HP!
Does anyone have any links on where to buy the Cool Tube?

Quick Reply: painting underbody...