Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

electric fan conversion

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 12:59 AM
dennis288
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: electric fan conversion

hi guys I'm new to this forum. but I too have an a/c problem with my 07 6.7 liter cummins. My professional background is a/c. and the problem I found with the a/c on the diesels ONLY. is that they do not have a complete fan shroud on the diesels. the condenser,intercooler,and the tranny cooler all sit in front of the radiator which you will see has a total shroud surrounding it, insuring all and proper airflow. but the three others including our A/C CONDENSER has no shroud insuring proper airflow. now installing a seperate aux. fan should fix the problem.but more importantlyI want chrysler to acknowledge and fix this problem.I tried e-mailing and calling chrysler and got a refernce # letting them know that they engineered the diesels with a little a/c inefficent flaw.and I am still waiting to see if they will come out with a add on fix to complete the fan shroud. maybe we can all ban together and e-mail and call them so they will fix this problem.

Old 09-17-2007, 12:30 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 227 Likes on 212 Posts

welcome to DF... maybe the fix is to create a shroud in front of the radiator so that all the airflow must come past the inner cooler & condenser... I agree that air being pulled in during slow speeds could easily bypass the stack in front of the radiator. an aux fan would definately help, problem is there is not alot of space up there. I'd planned on doing an aux fan install but can only seem to find enough room for a 10" fan... not sure if that would make enough of a difference to do it.

Old 09-17-2007, 11:34 PM
dennis288
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that is exactly what I want dodge to do. finish the fan shroud all the way up to the front three coils. but i want them to put the fix out, because they did not do this right. You can most definitely find an aux. fan that will fit and solve the problem yourself . and your intercooler will work better too. giving you a slight horsepower gain. but I'm stubborn, for the amount they charge for there deisel trucks, this should not be an oversight. or a way to save money on there part.

Quick Reply: electric fan conversion