Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Comp has arrived ... who's installed one ??

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 03:09 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Comp has arrived ... who's installed one ??

that boost elbow actualy vents pressure away from the waste gate so it will open later allowing you to create more boost, screwing it out will give you higher boost numbers.

as long as you dont go much over 35psi on your stock turbo you will be fine. also increaseing the numbers does increase fueling. and level 1 is probably only a timeing level. it is advancing the timeing a bit and probably giving you better mileage, level 2 and up increase fueling.

Old 08-31-2007, 04:13 PM
Mayfair
Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Level 1 sounded like crap. It actually sounded like an evenrude or something. Scared me, so I bumped it up a level.

I'm towing my trailer again today and it feels pretty good. I was told that Edge doesn't reccomend that you go over level 2 while towing so I'm not. Right now I have it set at level 2 with the boost level set at 3. Last night just cruising around the truck felt pretty damn good with it set at level 3 with a boost level also set at 3. Do you think with the elevels set here I'll screw something up? Remember, my ultimate goal here is mileage increase, NOT shutting down innersections ( although I did just tell your story with the Prius guy to a friend of mine, he was howling !! )

Old 08-31-2007, 07:11 PM
jakebrake
Champion

Doesn't have a boost level mayfair, all that is is low boost fuel setting. In other words, more smoke on take off

Old 08-31-2007, 11:54 PM
cookie_monstr
Professional

i have an 04 with the edge. im doing about 20mpg on stting 1. if u chage the boost setting(where it says less smoke and more responsive) its where u regulate the fuel. the more responsive the more fuel i think. if u leave it in less smoke and give her a good run she wont smoke. but if u put it in more responsive it allow more fuel and ull allso notice more smoke.
u can also protect ur engine. edge also has this thing where it will begin to d-fuel the truck if u run to high of psi(which u can set). so lets say u dont want to run more than 30psi and u do one day..it begins to d-fuel and kinda not allow more psi.. does that make sense? u could refer back to the booklet if u need help or input.

Old 09-01-2007, 10:17 AM
speakle
All Star

I wish I could stop playing around so much in my truck so I can see what my edge is actually doing for my mileage. I was getting around 14-15 without it and now get around 12 with it.[:@]I have never put the pedal to the floor with it over level 1 but on level 3 a nice tap of the pedal makes a nice puff of smoke, **** me off and I hold it a bit longer and smoke pours out. If it didnt smoke so much I likely wouldnt play so much. Glad to hear you have it installed mayfair, it wasnt hard at all was it?!!!

Old 09-01-2007, 02:48 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

hey if you dont wanna go up to level 5 ill take it out for ya and let ya know if its fun!!!! lol

Quick Reply: Comp has arrived ... who's installed one ??