Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

ok guys its time!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 10:35 PM
02cummins
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ok guys its time!

well guys its about time to do it...sold my quad and now its time for a lift kit, and wheels and tires. im thinkin i want the xd diesel 17"x9" rims

[IMG]local://upfiles/63862/8DF24202D4724069A4C68EF2BADCDE2C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-12-2007, 10:36 PM
02cummins
Captain
Default RE: ok guys its time!

also not sure how much of a lift i want, i mean i want a 5" but im thinkin maybe 3"...and no sure what tires i want...nice meaty offroaderrs but that will ast on the street what do u guys think

Old 09-13-2007, 12:18 AM
seattlestones

02Cummins. Nice wheel choice! Before you plunk down the dollars do some surfin on the net to see if you can score a better deal, and possibly get the local guys to match or beat the price. I ended up buying my wheels online at: www.wheelsforless.com
I am not endorsing them, nor do I get some silly kickback. I got a good deal on a sweet set of Ultra wheels for my 06 Mega and then had the guys at the tireshop mount them onto my new BFG's. I have ran BFG's on 3 of my last trucks and have been very satisfied. Again, just me, I know everyone has some horror stories about this brand or that brand. Just my $.02.

Old 09-13-2007, 12:54 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

ORIGINAL: seattlestones

02Cummins. Nice wheel choice! Before you plunk down the dollars do some surfin on the net to see if you can score a better deal, and possibly get the local guys to match or beat the price. I ended up buying my wheels online at: www.wheelsforless.com
I am not endorsing them, nor do I get some silly kickback. I got a good deal on a sweet set of Ultra wheels for my 06 Mega and then had the guys at the tireshop mount them onto my new BFG's. I have ran BFG's on 3 of my last trucks and have been very satisfied. Again, just me, I know everyone has some horror stories about this brand or that brand. Just my $.02.
Welcome and thanks for the link, I am too looking at prices for tire and rim combo's

Old 09-13-2007, 08:29 AM
NCcummins
Record Breaker

I would for sure look around your local dealer for the same wheels at a lower price. The e-net tends to jack up there price when you pay for shipping and everything. As far as tires, if i had my choice, I would go with a toyo 37 with a 5 or 6 inch lift. But the Cooper STT and Nitto Mud Grapplers look good too, but you also get a lot of noice with them.Those wheels are bad *** though and will look good on our model truck.

Old 09-13-2007, 09:32 AM
aka_chewy
All Star

I've been checking around and the wheelsforless.com seems like the best bet. Their prices include centercaps, lugs and free shipping. Cheapest I've found by far also.

Old 09-13-2007, 10:59 PM
02cummins
Captain

this is killin me i want em and have alot of money to blow away haha cuz i sold my quad. but i also want to be kinda easy with my money so i dont know if i want to spend 1600 on wheels and tires, ya know ? its gonna be a hard decision, i love these wheels they are my fav but im also thinkin i like the mickey thompson classic II wheels and i wish the bogger tires were way cheaper and lasted longer but no they arent, i like a meaty aggressive tire that lasts long i wish i could afford the toyo open country but i cant let myself spend 300+ on a tire let alone 4 of them. this sucks man!

Old 09-14-2007, 07:20 AM
NCcummins
Record Breaker

i will tell you that my buddy runs a 40 inch toyo open country on a 2 inch wheel with an 8 inch lift and the tire IS NOT BALANCED what so ever. They are made to perfection, and they last just as long as any Cooper or Nitto.....but then again they are alot! I have arond $2000 sitting in just my Coopers and Wheels and leveling kit..

Old 09-14-2007, 11:39 AM
cookie_monstr
Professional

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...oTreadwear.jsp
gives some info on tire rating. you could kinda see which ones would last longer and have better grip depending on temp or weather. hope this helps.

i have the truxs sts radial on my tacoma. 38/15.2/12 is the size. they have lasted me along...long time. had them for about 1yr and a half and still good for about 1yr more. quite and smooooooth as hell for a big tire.

Quick Reply: ok guys its time!