Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

friends got the powerjoke

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 04:52 AM
02cummins
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default friends got the powerjoke

well guy, it all started when me and my friend were little...i have know my buddy for about 17 years now, and ever since we were little its been competition. it started with motorcycles, he got a zx10r and i got an r1 2 weeks later, he got rid of it because he wrecked it, so i got rid of it. he gets another one, so i got another one, haha and then he gets rid of it because he gets his old lady pregnant, than i get rid of mine. again! i buy a fourwheeler, he buys a fourwheeler, my fourwheelers faster so he buys the same kind thats bored over and has intake and exhaust work done...well i sell my quad, and hes sellin his quad. WTF! i buy my 2002 cummins turbo diesel, put 4" turbo downtube and 5" straight pipe to 5" stacks, and edge juice with attitude...then he goes and buys a 7.3 liter (2000) powerjoke. now hes sellin his other quad to buy programmer and intake exhaust. i have $5000 saved up and i cant let him beat me ever, but at the same time i dont want to blow it all. so im thinkin a 5" tuff country lift and some 35-37" tires are in the mix. he will probly beat me in the 1/4 mile but ill hook up chain and drag him all over the place anytime im sure. not sure what else to do to this thing, i want to go nuts and blow it all but im "trying" to be responsible. i KNOW once he gets more done, then it will start all over again, ill be out workin 2 jobs and building the truck!

Old 09-20-2007, 07:41 AM
Deleted User
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 09-20-2007, 12:45 PM
02cummins
Captain
Default RE: friends got the powerjoke

haha believe me, plans are in the mix, i alreayd have the juice with attitude so im not doin gauges.but ats intake and maybe injectors are comin too, but not sure since i do a dodge auto tranny!

Old 09-20-2007, 10:02 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

lol, alls i gotta say is spend it freely... it seems you can never spend enough on these damn trucks! and about the contest... dont matter what you/he does... you still have a cummins in the drive way at the end of every day

Old 09-20-2007, 10:33 PM
Collinlancaster

maybe if you just do their leveling kit tuff country is o.k. but if you get a kit that needs control arms i would not go with t.c. i went through 2 sets of them on my last 01ctd,and one set on my current 01 ctd.i've got skyjackers now and they have held up great.

Old 09-20-2007, 10:35 PM
02cummins
Captain

how exactly do you go through their control arms ? what happends to them ?

Old 09-20-2007, 11:08 PM
Collinlancaster

they put cheesy hard plastic pieces of sht in for bushings and the metal they use is cheap.the 2nd set on my last truck actually snapped at the weld.the skyjackers are much thicker tubes.they come with poly bushings and have grease zercs so you can grease them so the bushings don't rot.the only reason i had the t.c.'s on this tuck is because it came with them

Old 09-21-2007, 12:03 PM
BTCRUZ
Professional

Well...it all depends on exactly what you want to be able to do that he can't I guess. Another alternative would be to go with a KORE, Lorenz or Cali suspension system (something in the low to mid range of their stuff) for about $2500 and then be able to haul butt over the whoops, ruts and pot holes in comfortwhile he trashes himself in the dust behind you......

I've been researhcing these suspension systems and I do want one, I just wish they would add a couple more inches of lift to the truck. I know KORE has one that does add around 4" to the front and 2" to the rear, but that system is someting like $8,000. I wonder what would happen if I added a 2" spacer to the front setup and 4" blocks under the rear of the Lorenz system (I don't like the "leveled" look, I want the slight rake). Certainly the suspension would still function properly with the exception of maybe the bump stops?

Old 09-21-2007, 04:54 PM
12vanthony
Rookie

That is pretty funny you mention this story because i got pretty close to the same thing goin on. Me and my buddy are 20 he drives truck for a living and i got to college. I bought a 97 cummins he goes out and buys a 2007 duromax w/ programer, 5" turbo back, rims, tires, and intake. I can't even begin to compete. And that is just the begining..........

Old 09-28-2007, 12:05 AM
beachmstr

the competition with friends is half the battle. who wants to say you have a cooler truck than i do?

Quick Reply: friends got the powerjoke