Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Is this tire deffective?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 12:31 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Is this tire deffective?

nope. . .I use the boom to pick the front end off the ground. . .less rolling resistance

besides, the unit upgraded my ride from that type of truck to a hemmit wrecker, but I got a downgrade in engine. . .that 5 ton wrecker has a Cummins 6CTAA 8.3 in it. the hemmit has the 8v92 POS.

Old 09-25-2007, 02:12 PM
Super Dave
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is that a Carlisle tire? They have been notorious for blow outs like that, but they have been good about replacing the entire set of tires. Problem is, I wouldn't trust the replacements either.

Old 09-25-2007, 04:45 PM
CowboyBob
Record Breaker

No, but the trailer mfg told me I should replace them with Carlisle tires. Never even heard of them. I think I am going to go with Goodyear replacements. Although I know from all of the other shooters in my travel group that there doesn't seem to be one trailer tire that is better than the other. I have a smaller horse trailer that uses normal 15" trailer tires and I have Goodyears on it. They lasted almost 10 years before dry rotting and blowing.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:16 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Damn Bob that sucks !!

Yeah, I'd say you have a defective tire on your hands for sure. I hope the mfg will do the right thing and fix your rig. Keep us up to speed for sure.

Quick Reply: Is this tire deffective?