Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

new to cummins, help with maintance please

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 11:44 AM
cujo
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: new to cummins, help with maintance please

Herb, would you say you would expect that sort of tact from your buddies in the off topic section? lol

Old 09-26-2007, 12:56 PM
handymanherb
Banned

ORIGINAL: cujo

Herb, would you say you would expect that sort of tact from your buddies in the off topic section? lol

To say the least, dam I might have thought it but I would wait and see the truck, might be all tricked out

Old 09-26-2007, 05:34 PM
Nicky B
Captain

ORIGINAL: handymanherb

ORIGINAL: Nicky B

I'm I going to be the first to say that you really got rpped off almost 40k for a truck thats almost 3years old and has 75k miles. But it sounds like a nice truck enjoy.
I have been dropped on my head a few times off horses and even broke a good sized rock last time I did it and was in the hospital for 2 days, but I got more tact than that,sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzz.

And I don't see your truck listed anywhere, so what do you have???
Well right now I have an 06 Dodge Charger R/T with an intake and chip. I hang around this forum alot cause I'm going to buy 2500 QC CTD most likely next fall. I'm interested in the 6.7 but I'm planning on waiting alittle so all the little kinks are worked out. I didn't mean to sound like a dick or something in my previous post its just that 38k for the truck mentioned just seemed very steep.

Old 09-26-2007, 05:52 PM
handymanherb
Banned

Your wanting a 6.7 because they sound like a car, nice and quite,but be sure to post what you paid so we can see what kind of deal you got.

I seen a few around town priced around that with more stereo in them than I would want in one, that were lifted and big rims and tires, just didn't fit me.

I thought 33 thousand that I paid, for one with 26000 on it was a bit much, but it's been a great truck and not one problem out of it so far and I'm getting close to 49000 since December, new ones get damm close to 48 thousand here.

Old 09-26-2007, 06:25 PM
Nicky B
Captain

Well when I was looking at them recently I saw a SLT QC with a few options sticker sayed 43k and I was talking to a salesman and he sayed he could give it to me for 36k. And I wouldn't want big tires and a pointless 1500watt stereo. I'm just looking at a 6.7L not cause they are quitier but for alittle extra power, the 6speed auto trans, and hopefully alittle better mpg then the 5.9L. And yes I know for now the 5.9 looks like the better choice as of now since it has been a very good powerplant since its release in 1988.

Old 09-26-2007, 06:39 PM
handymanherb
Banned

Wait and see what the final numbers are and you better get the extended warrenty with all the extra junk on the 6.7 to go wrong, you don't even want to know what a DPF costs if your goes bad.

Now I would like the 6 speed, but I'm sure they will become available down the road, I just have to see what you have to do to change to one on the 5.9

Quick Reply: new to cummins, help with maintance please